Novritsch Aug

Daveoc33

15 minutes ago, Jamsandwich said:

Oh my god, I never even noticed the spare parts section before.  I've been looking all over for the gas block unit for my TM Aug.  I've also spent loads of time and money fiddling about with different front grip solutions.  Finally got a 3D printed one a bit like the High-Cycle mount but I love the ClawGear grip.  The Novritsch clone is right up my street.

And the mags are a pretty decent price.  My MAG 180rnd mag doesn't feed well (still to try out the new feed nipple) and the JG ones are black plastic :(.

I'll have to ask them about TM compatibility I guess.

Edit - Sent a support ticket...

Awesome. Mines got the king arms doofer on the front so it's basically a suppressor with a mag and trigger. 🤣

I was looking for that daft hop cover that retracts, the plate on top of my v3 had the bits missing and the rubber covers went AWOL too. 🫤😁🤣

42 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

Gave in and ordered the A2… guess I’ll be looking out of the window every few minutes now to see if it’s being delivered yet. 👀

I'd be interested in your opinion when it arrives - for my next RIF I had been waiting for the S&T Lee Enfield No4. when it finally lands on these shores, but this might have just put the cat amongst the pigeons.

44 minutes ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

I'd be interested in your opinion when it arrives - for my next RIF I had been waiting for the S&T Lee Enfield No4. when it finally lands on these shores, but this might have just put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Funny enough you have the same predicament as me haha, I was going to get the Ares No.4 Mk.I and then went for the aug as the partner to my EF88 😂 I'll definitely update here once I receive it!

4 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

Funny enough you have the same predicament as me haha, I was going to get the Ares No.4 Mk.I and then went for the aug as the partner to my EF88 😂 I'll definitely update here once I receive it!

Looking forward to your update.  I find it a bit odd that we haven't seen the Novritsch AUGs popping up on any of the Youtube guys' channels at all.

When it comes to TM compatibility, the response from Nov CS was that they don't have any information on compatibility with products from other companies.  Fair enough, I guess.  I'll have to buy some bits and just hope that attempting to fit aligns with the "as long as it shows no signs of use" comment in the returns policy, unless it does fit!

I'm still holding out for an H-bar... yes, I believe in unicorns

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

yes, I believe in unicorns

8xh2gh.jpg

39 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

I'm still holding out for an H-bar... yes, I believe in unicorns

I'm holding out for a not shit Tavor... and an M240B that isn't crazy expensive.

22 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

I mean, we all know that we are each going to end up just getting both. I'm not sure why we carry on this pretence!

2 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

Received the A2 today, first impressions are:

The body feels absolutely amazing, it feels like it's one solid mass with no creaking at all. Assembly is easy as can be, literally slide in, push a button and done. Admittedly I'm not a fan of the M-Lok handguard but that's just personal preference. What drew me to the SSR over others was the metal upper rail, and the modernisation of the platform.

The trigger, oh my, the trigger 😩

It has a very smooth trigger pull, unlike the snow wolf aug I had prior (Although to be fair, may have just been a bad one?) and a very nice break between semi and full auto giving you a subtle indicator that you're about to go into the realm of brrrt. On top of this, the ability to spam the trigger (On a 7.4v, it recommends an 11.1v but I don't have any) on semi is beautiful. The safety bar is also incredibly smooth with a nice "thunk" when you're in safe/not safe. It chrono'd at roughly 242 on .25g BB's with the hop not adjusted at all from factory, didn't have the time to really mess with it too much so I'm assuming the hop may be nearly off. 

I'll be taking it out to a game with me next weekend, but I'm blown away by the absolute beauty and feel of it. I think it may replace my RPK as my go to pew for now... 👀

Damn you!

I really hoped that you were going to say that it was a pile of Austrian Hundehaufen, so I would not feel tempted to get an A1.  Oh well, time to start sewing FIDF patches on the DPM.

• 2 weeks later...

Less than two weeks and what seems like a major crack has developed on my A2, hasn’t even been fielded yet. It’s been hanging on my wall since receiving it too, it’s under the handguard which I removed yesterday, so I can only assume it’s been like it since the start?

IMG_6279.png

1 minute ago, ak2m4 said:

image.png.9733b08d5ffbfaa7495c77daf0dd7aef.png

this bit just to the left of the button?  am I looking in the right spot

Yeah, that’s the spot. Sorry. Too early 😂

1 hour ago, ak2m4 said:

that looks like a mold line to me

The same line appears at the back of the upper so yes, it’s intentional 🤣

1 hour ago, JinxDuh said:

🤦‍♂️ well I feel like a twat 🤣

you ain't the first to think a mold line is a crackola 🙂  I've done it plenty of times

Edited by ak2m4
tori spelling