Novritsch Aug

Daveoc33

Posted (edited)

He's releasing the ssr77a1 which I'm guessing is an Aug (stg77). Nice he's doing another non-m4 platform again. 

Edited by Daveoc33

• Daveoc33 changed the title to Novritsch Aug
51 minutes ago, DerDer said:

A bit of diversity is good. Will it have a stanag magwell?

Now THAT would be interesting to have.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Daveoc33 said:

He's releasing the ssr77a1 which I'm guessing is an Aug (stg77). Nice he's doing another non-m4 platform again. 

Definitely an Aug, just got the teaser email from them. Mag that's in the silhouette looks to be a clear, waffle style one so maybe not a STANAG magwell.

3 hours ago, Lozart said:

Definitely an Aug, just got the teaser email from them. Mag that's in the silhouette looks to be a clear, waffle style one so maybe not a STANAG magwell.

Noticed :(

Well, no Steyr AUG for me then :D

Rebranded JG aeg so?  Thought perhaps given one of his G36 models has one, it might be M16 magazine compatible. Not to be alas. 

Been wanting an AUG for a while so this should be interesting. I wonder what the handguard situation is as I don't like the integrated optic or grip that the A1 and A2 (?) come with.

What I'm really after is a modern AUG AEG that matches a real steel A3 variant. There are so many airsoft AUGs, but they are all off in one way or another.

Meanwhile, in GBB-land, GHK makes parts to make pretty much every real AUG variant including the newer A3-M1 with the low top rail.

Will keep an eye on this but not too hopeful, especially since the silhouette suggests a long MLOK foregrip. Maybe one day TM will refresh the AUG line. Still, nice to see something a bit different!

It looks a lot like the front grip could be a clone of, or at least similar to, the ClawGear MLOK grip (which I personally think would be awesome).

I'm definitely interested so will keep an eye out for reviews for sure.

If this finally gives us a good AUG midcap that isn't unobtanium that'd be incredible. Rumours of it having the excellent Begadi hop unit or a licenced version/clone of it are hopefully true too + it'd be nice to finally have some spare part support for AUGs as snow wolf/tm stuff is kind of a pain in the ass to get ahold of (still can't find a barrel release button that fell off my mate's one when I was using it)

Edited by pyromancer6

Finally a good mag option for the AUG. 180 rounds is incredible for the platform and although the MAG and JG ones got close - having a reliable seller of midcaps that have really good customer support attached to them is a massive win for everybody.

While I'm not the biggest fan of novritsch's 'M-LOK EVERYTHING' styling on their pews I'm unoffended by the A2 and dressed up it kind of looks awesome. I've got a mate with a snow wolf that he was prepared to send off and get a silly amount of money thrown at it but honestly with this coming out I can see him picking one up (and by proxy, I get to have a go haha)

Edited by pyromancer6

I want to know if it's going to be non-plasticy like all other augs except for the ghk. He says "solid fybre-reinforced nylon body" which makes me wonder if it's not plasticy but also: where has he sourced that body from? JG, APS, snow wolf, army armament aren't made from nylon. I thought it was a JG base until I saw that. 

Looks cool. I do like how the outer barrel is in two pieces so you can have a shorter version if you want - it's a good idea.

Will have to keep an eye out for reviews when people get their hands on it.

Definitely nice to see a new Aug on the market (Especially as I’m looking for one 😂) and with the lower profile rail it’s going to be ideal. My only gripes are his logo on the butt pad and the rear QD sling point. 

The way you have to release pre-cocking is a bit of a hassle if i'm understanding it correctly. If you're in a CQB field, you'll have the full auto disabled so you'd have to re-enable it, fire then disable auto again. The setup is restricted due to the trigger and lack of selector but they've likely got it set up the best way they could.

I'm hoping this announcement will spur a few people into listing their AUGs for sale and I can pick a upgraded one up on the cheap.

30 minutes ago, MrTea said:

The way you have to release pre-cocking is a bit of a hassle if i'm understanding it correctly. If you're in a CQB field, you'll have the full auto disabled so you'd have to re-enable it, fire then disable auto again. The setup is restricted due to the trigger and lack of selector but they've likely got it set up the best way they could.

I'm hoping this announcement will spur a few people into listing their AUGs for sale and I can pick an upgraded one up on the cheap.

From the flow chart, I cannot see a need to enter full auto to disable pre-cocking.  However, it is not as simple as a Perun Hybrid or AB++, being typical of cheap Chinese mosfets.  You have to reset the pre-cocking the next time you want to use the gun.

I have the same hope, as I want to do a FIDF loadout.

Edited by Colin Allen

12 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

From the flow chart, I cannot see a need to enter full auto to disable pre-cocking.  However, it is not as simple as a Perun Hybrid or AB++, being typical of cheap Chinese mosfets.  You have to reset the pre-cocking the next time you want to use the gun.

I have the same hope, as I want to do a FIDF loadout.

I didn't mean disabling the precocking but releasing the tension applied with precocking - or decocking if that's a better term.

In the video, he has a caption stating "To prevent the spring getting weaker from too much tension, release the precocking after the game, by shortly shooting the Replica on Full-auto."

As an aside, i'd like to see a comparison in length in the short config vs the CQB/Para style AUGs.

Edited by MrTea

59 minutes ago, MrTea said:

I didn't mean disabling the precocking but releasing the tension applied with precocking - or decocking if that's a better term.

In the video, he has a caption stating "To prevent the spring getting weaker from too much tension, release the precocking after the game, by shortly shooting the Replica on Full-auto."

As an aside, i'd like to see a comparison in length in the short config vs the CQB/Para style AUGs.

Isn't that what we usually do after a day's play with non-mosfet guns?

12 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Isn't that what we usually do after a day's play with non-mosfet guns?

I hope not - otherwise i've been doing it wrong these past few years - i thought the trick was to fire a few shots in semi at the end of every game to ensure the spring was not under tension....

55 minutes ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

I hope not - otherwise i've been doing it wrong these past few years - i thought the trick was to fire a few shots in semi at the end of every game to ensure the spring was not under tension....

Firing in semi wouldn't change anything really. If you wanted to really release spring tension, open the gearbox and use a screwdriver to poke the anti-reversal latch.

4 hours ago, Sen7ry said:

Firing in semi wouldn't change anything really. If you wanted to really release spring tension, open the gearbox and use a screwdriver to poke the anti-reversal latch.

Before the AKs acquired mosfets, I used to do that with a small Allen key poked up the motor hole.

Yay. I can finally get some parts for my TM one!!! 🤣🤣

29 minutes ago, Egon_247 said:

Yay. I can finally get some parts for my TM one!!! 🤣🤣

Oh my god, I never even noticed the spare parts section before.  I've been looking all over for the gas block unit for my TM Aug.  I've also spent loads of time and money fiddling about with different front grip solutions.  Finally got a 3D printed one a bit like the High-Cycle mount but I love the ClawGear grip.  The Novritsch clone is right up my street.

And the mags are a pretty decent price.  My MAG 180rnd mag doesn't feed well (still to try out the new feed nipple) and the JG ones are black plastic :(.

I'll have to ask them about TM compatibility I guess.

Edit - Sent a support ticket...

Edited by Jamsandwich