UKARA question from a new player

Daz85UK

Hi All,

My friend and I are starting to play and would like to gat a UKARA membership.

I understand the 3 games 56 day rule at same site, however my question is....can we play at other sites during this period with rental gear still?

So for example we would like to play at Red Alert Newbury, however our local site is Gunman Eversley which is where we would like to do our 3 games for UKARA. We cant get to eversley until next month due to work commitments, so can we play at Newbury before hand then go to Eversley to start our 3 game period next month?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

You can play as often as you like at any site. 

Edited by Asomodai

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

You can play as often as you like at any site. 

Do you have to be a member at your chosen site to play your three games in order to get your ukara status?

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Do you have to be a member at your chosen site to play your three games in order to get your ukara status?

UKARA as a scheme is based on site membership.  It depends on the site membership policy, but in effect once three games are recorded in the appropriate timeframe you become a member or your membership is forwarded to UKARA

If they have the records of your previous games then that can be used to establish your membership 

4 hours ago, Daz85UK said:

Hi All,

My friend and I are starting to play and would like to gat a UKARA membership.

I understand the 3 games 56 day rule at same site, however my question is....can we play at other sites during this period with rental gear still?

So for example we would like to play at Red Alert Newbury, however our local site is Gunman Eversley which is where we would like to do our 3 games for UKARA. We cant get to eversley until next month due to work commitments, so can we play at Newbury before hand then go to Eversley to start our 3 game period next month?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Yes.

UKARA is needed to able to buy RIF's without two-tone from online retailers but UKARA isn't needed to own any replica or buy used ones. At least to my knowledge.

Edited by Krisz

5 minutes ago, Krisz said:

Yes.

UKARA is needed to able to buy RIF's without two-tone from online retailers but UKARA isn't needed to own any replica or buy used ones. At least to my knowledge.

Not quite right. You need a defence, being on the ukara database is just one such defence. It's certainly the easiest to use as it's accepted by the most shops but it certainly isn't the only defence 

Thanks Guys, Do you have to nominate the site you are planning to play the 3 games at beforehand? Or do you just turn up and play and when you hit the criteria you tell them?

7 minutes ago, Daz85UK said:

Thanks Guys, Do you have to nominate the site you are planning to play the 3 games at beforehand? Or do you just turn up and play and when you hit the criteria you tell them?

Depends on the site. Ask them as you are signing in. Some use a stamp method. Some will just count online bookings. 

4 hours ago, Shamal said:

Most sites tie membership up with a UKARA number I believe. Though the sites I used to go to didn't have any sort of membership as such and just gave out the UKARA number when you hit your three games in over 2 months. 

49 minutes ago, Daz85UK said:

If you mean tell ukara you're going to play at a on dates x,y, and z then no, just book the games with the site. Sites will keep records when you sign in (either paper or electronically) and some will use these while some will give you a separate sheet to be signed. It's best to ask on site

5 hours ago, Shamal said:

No. I didn't have a site membership for a couple a couple of years till last week but I was still playing 

Thanks, So if I understand this right, I can play at site A and site B and whatever one I hit the criteria at first I could ask for UKARA membership?

31 minutes ago, Daz85UK said:

Thanks, So if I understand this right, I can play at site A and site B and whatever one I hit the criteria at first I could ask for UKARA membership?

Yes. But make sure the site record it every game. I would try and get it with the site you are mostly likely to visit most. 

1 hour ago, Daz85UK said:

Yes. Infact I'd recommend trying different sites if you're lucky enough to have more than 1 locally.

Yes, you can play at any site as a rental before you get UKARA registered.

If you like one site more than another you can count the times played there towards UKARA registration. (Just tell them when you were there)

Some sites have their own membership schemes which give discounts on fees and shop but are separate from UKARA.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Daz85UK said:

Yes. At the risk of banging a broken drum, UKARA is just a central register of site memberships. 

You can be a member of many sites at once, with multiple such memberships registered with UKARA.

Don't sweat it, just start playing and see if you enjoy it.