501st Airsoft, Tunbridge Wells

28 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

"Pretty sure all Airsoft Mortars DIY 😂🤔

10 seconds on Google shows this is bollocks

This Ollie bloke sounds like a bit of a twat to be honest. Does he have anything to do with running the site or is he just a regular player?

54 minutes ago, atacam said:

Sorry I mean his long post about me shouting at kids and being a serial bad reviewer and getting others to do so to feed my ego? 

I wonder if someone pointed out UK law on defamation and libel?

Edited by Colin Allen

54 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

I wonder if someone pointed out UK law on defamation and libel?

Possibly. Or he re-read it back to himself and realised it was a load of rubbish he had written, and just not true??

🤣

Edited by atacam

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

IF this did happen then why didn't the marshals step in? Stopping incidents like this is part of their job and if they witnessed it but did nothing then it's on them.

As for the mortar, that's just a lawsuit waiting to happen. I just hope the owners see sense before it comes to that.

If it did happen, why didn't the children's parent(s) intervene?  I would have if someone had been screaming at my kids when they were young.

14 minutes ago, atacam said:

Possibly. Or he re-read it back to himself and realised it was a load of rubbish he had written, and just not true??

🤣

Equally possible!

Edited by Colin Allen

Nothing that I have seen in this thread has caused me to question the review; neither has it, or anything that I have seen on FB, encouraged me to visit 501st Airsoft.

2 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

What do you mean you don't want to get an improvised mortar round to the head?

I would rather not, to be honest.

Given how diabolical the TLSFX one can be (Had a flying mortar'ed flashbang hit me in the head at one site in England), I definitely wouldn't be wanting to be downrange of a homebrew one.

Word of mouth is still fairly prevalent, and all the locals dogpiling (which by the way, is now a criminal offence under the Online Safety Bill 2023) on a negative review just confirms that the site is best avoided.