Unknown screw stuck to motor when changing.

Caj109

Hello,

I've just changed my motor in my specna arms edge and when pulling the specna motor out this screw was magnetised to it.

Does anyone know where its from?

I've checked in the grip and all 4 at the bottom connecting to the lower are all in place.

Thanks

17156809772302165057793445094094.jpg

17156809973595048946666747052439.jpg

17156810122065213429996564970751.jpg

1 minute ago, Caj109 said:

Hello,

I've just changed my motor in my specna arms edge and when pulling the specna motor out this screw was magnetised to it.

Does anyone know where its from?

I've checked in the grip and all 4 at the bottom connecting to the lower are all in place.

Thanks

17156809772302165057793445094094.jpg

17156809973595048946666747052439.jpg

17156810122065213429996564970751.jpg

Have you checked how many are in your gearbox shell?

It looks like one of the top row of screws.

3 minutes ago, Shamal said:

3 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

It look long enough to be a gearbox shell screw 

Has this been opened before otlr worked on or is it brand new? 

I've only ever changed the hop and barrel never had the gearbox apart myself.

I'll split the gun and have a look see if it's the top row hopefully as never had gearbox fully out.

Had the gun 3 years but only recently took apart to change barrel and that so weird if it is gearbox screw.

Thanks

Have you had the motor out before? there's a chance it picked up the extra screw in the factory.

Chuck it in the box of bits and then at least you can find it if it turns out it has a home.

Just now, Madhouse said:

Have you had the motor out before? there's a chance it picked up the extra screw in the factory.

Chuck it in the box of bits and then at least you can find it if it turns out it has a home.

Nah first time for motor, once I've checked the gearbox and all there you could be right just picked up a spare as magnet.

22 minutes ago, Shamal said:

22 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

It look long enough to be a gearbox shell screw 

Has this been opened before otlr worked on or is it brand new? 

18 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

All top screws I can see on the gearbox are there so assuming it's a spare that got picked up by the motor.

Never had the bottom half of the gearbox out. One day I will so will keep it in case its bottom set.

Cheers guys.

17156826532023867232663573209520.jpg

Keep it handy & if your barrel drops off... you'll know where it came from.

There is a short screw(ooh matron)in the lower half of the gearbox just to the right of the trigger. It could possibly be that one.

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

There is a short screw(ooh matron)in the lower half of the gearbox just to the right of the trigger. It could possibly be that one.

Thanks, if the lower half means taking it further apart than above?

I'll have a gander to see if I can see anything from externally

21 minutes ago, Caj109 said:

Thanks, if the lower half means taking it further apart than above?

I'll have a gander to see if I can see anything from externally

Yeah you will have to remove grip,motor,stock,trigger pin mag release and rear body pin☹️

Just now, Shamal said:

Yeah you will have to remove grip,motor,stock,trigger pin mag release and rear body pin☹️

Ahh thought so haha! I'll leave it for now and see when I come to look in the gearbox. Never had issues test firing the gun for chrono and going to take it for a run out on Sunday so will see. Thanks for the help

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shamal said:

So if the screw comes from the gearbox, how would it have got into his handgrip if he's never taken the motor out before?

19 minutes ago, Lozart said:

So if the screw comes from the gearbox, how would it have got into his handgrip if he's never taken the motor out before?

airsoft magic.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

I'm thinking that maybe someone before him has had a tinker.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Shamal said:

I'm thinking that maybe someone before him has had a tinker.

To me, it looks like a baseplate screw from the pistol grip. Every chance it got in there in the factory.

55 minutes ago, Lozart said:

To me, it looks like a baseplate screw from the pistol grip. Every chance it got in there in the factory.

Aren't the pistol grip screws the one I posted as a picture in the original post or is there other screws?

Gun fires fine and everything so hopefully won't fall to bits haha

• Supporters
Just now, Caj109 said:

Aren't the pistol grip screws the one I posted as a picture in the original post or is there other screws?

I mean the ones you took out to get the bottom of the pistol grip off, to be able to remove the motor.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I mean the ones you took out to get the bottom of the pistol grip off, to be able to remove the motor.

Didn't have to remove any screws to get the motor out on my specna, so unsure what you mean.

My specna just has a push grip kind of lock on my bottom that holds the motor there, unless some have a screwed bottom plate?

See below a screenshot from dissembly video, just a push to lungs to open it up, under there is just a plastic thing where you can do the motor height

Screenshot_20240515_104318_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Caj109

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Caj109 said:

Didn't have to remove any screws to get the motor out on my specna, so unsure what you mean.

My specna just has a push grip kind of lock on my bottom that holds the motor there, unless some have a screwed bottom plate?

Screenshot_20240515_104318_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ah right, gotcha. Most AEGs have a screwed on baseplate:

image.thumb.jpeg.d135dcf414c95808a96ae7e4b190766e.jpeg

5 hours ago, Lozart said:

Yeah that's possible.👍