Inner Barrel Cleaning.

18 hours ago, Lozart said:

1,1,1-Trichloroethane or GTFO!

Used to slosh it around on all sorts as an apprentice....I'm amazed I'm still alive...🤣🤣🤣

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Egon_247 said:

Used to slosh it around on all sorts as an apprentice....I'm amazed I'm still alive...🤣🤣🤣

Same here!

We used to use it in an ultrasonic cleaning bath. 😟

31 minutes ago, Lozart said:

We used to use it in an ultrasonic cleaning bath. 😟

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought it to be that effective to clean inside. Assuming the orientation of the barrel to be flat in the bath 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, EDcase said:

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought it to be that effective to clean inside. Assuming the orientation of the barrel to be flat in the bath 

You misunderstand me. I used to use 1,1,1, Trichloroethane to clean stuff in an ultrasonic bath when I was an apprentice. Before a) it was banned or b) airsoft was invented. Also - you really shouldn't used Trich in an ultrasonic cleaner, it's flashpoint is really quite low!

6 minutes ago, Lozart said:

You misunderstand me. I used to use 1,1,1, Trichloroethane to clean stuff in an ultrasonic bath when I was an apprentice. Before a) it was banned or b) airsoft was invented. Also - you really shouldn't used Trich in an ultrasonic cleaner, it's flashpoint is really quite low!

Ah gotcha 👍

I just had a random thought

You know those Teflon non-stick coating on saucepans and stuff

What if we apply this to the inner barrel so it is less prone to dirt sticking on the inside surface thus making it "self cleaning" in normal use

5 minutes ago, Pseudotectonic said:

What if we apply this to the inner barrel so it is less prone to dirt sticking on the inside surface thus making it "self cleaning" in normal use

You've obviously never had a teenaged son try to make an omelette in one... RIP teflon pan.

How do they make the labels stick so well on a non stick frying pan. 😡 

• Supporters
On 17/05/2024 at 18:41, Pseudotectonic said:

I just had a random thought

You know those Teflon non-stick coating on saucepans and stuff

Not tough enough, it would wear away.