The vorsk EU7 or EU8? Why the huge price difference?

Wegalaxy

Hello,

I love vorsk, I have had a vorsk pistol for a while and its held up well so far.

Only a few parts broke which were covered under warrant.

Now I want to get one of their glocks.

So I am tempted by the red match EU17.

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/vorsk-eu17-vented-gas-blowback-pistol-in-red-black.html

And by the red match EU18.

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/vorsk-eu8-vented-red-match/

I am more swaying to the EU17 but whats with the huge price difference?  (EU17 £130 EU18 £90)

Is the EU18 made of less quality parts or something? If anything I though the EU18 would be more expensive.

Or is it because the EU18 is less desirable?

Just need the communities opinion before I make this purchase.

Thanks 

Edited by Wegalaxy

Well, you are being suckered by bbgnus4less unscrupulous marketing strategy ……

Their pricing is high for some items from the offset so as they can legally show a massive reduction eventually, fooling a novice player/purchaser into thinking there is a genuine saving there

Looks like Defcon are on the right page

I Haven’t analysed the specs of either of the replicas to compare products for pros n cons

But the former of the two retailers, seldomly comes up with a bargain 😉

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

5 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Their pricing is high for some items from the offset so as they can legally show a massive reduction eventually, fooling a novice player/purchaser into thinking there is a genuine saving there

This is the reason so many ads from new players end up on Mack's when they try to sell their first gun and why I won't buy from them

19 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

This... uh... this isn't a ringing endorsement.

Agreed. Especially when there are far better and more reliable options available in that price range 

I've got a G&G GPM92, a Novritsch SSP1 and a recently purchased Jag Precision Pit Viper, granted all of them cost a smidge more than the Vorsks mentioned, but I've had the GPM and the SSP1 for years and they have been heavily used. Not one single part of either of them has ever needed to be replaced because it had broken. 

I'd maybe consider trying a different brand of Glock 18 mate, sure it may cost a little more but think of your time and the fuckery involved in changing out broken parts vs spending a little more in the first place.

• Supporters

To be clear, Vorsk is a Nuprol sub-brand, like Raven.  That means it's the cheapest 3rd party vendor trash, plus sparkle and marketing.

That's not to say that they're bad value. £80 for the EU18 Match pistols actually make sense, especially when you factor in the optic, magwell and 14mm CCW adapter. But "good" is a stretch. Once you're into 3 figures, I'd suggest looking at Tokyo Marui instead.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

To be clear, Vorsk is a Nuprol sub-brand, like Raven.  That means it's the cheapest 3rd party vendor trash, plus sparkle and marketing.

That's not to say that they're bad value. £80 for the EU18 Match pistols actually make sense, especially when you factor in the optic, magwell and 14mm CCW adapter. But "good" is a stretch. Once you're into 3 figures, I'd suggest looking at Tokyo Marui instead.

£80 now, does that make it a pre Brexit £60 shootah ? 

@Wegalaxy I don't know if your forum name is a clue but if it is then you've already got a pistol that's better than a Vorsk EU17 / 18, with the magical AAP-01 being a further step better but costing way less.

If I was you I'd be checking what type of mags your WE Galaxy takes, not sure if it's the gen 4 or 5 gas router, and buying a WE Glock that uses the same. However, the hop unit in the WE Glocks is a bit pants, nowhere near as good as that in the AAP-01, so to lift heavy BB's you'll want the Maple Leaf hop unit (which my son has in his WE EU17 using 0.32G BB's, and you can then go further with a Hadron Fang / H plate).