TM Glock 17 gen5 mos

Mikey80

3 hours ago, MistakenMexican said:

You can still buy them from Airsoft World? 

we’ll have to see how it goes - Asian airsoft companies are famed for ignoring trademarks and license. I haven’t seen anything in the news about it but maybe I’m not looking hard enough.

Word on the grapevine is one of the big manufacturers won't be making anymore Glocks.... 

6 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Word on the grapevine is one of the big manufacturers won't be making anymore Glocks.... 

they will make them , someone else will just make parts with Glock written on them . 

Airsoft always finds a way 👌🏼

4 hours ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

A very VERY reliable source told me a certain company won't be making anymore Glocks 

We’ll have to see. Until I see something specific and credible, I’ll be hopeful.

I remember near identical rumours going around from people in the industry when UMAREX acquired the rights. 

15 minutes ago, MistakenMexican said:

We’ll have to see. Until I see something specific and credible, I’ll be hopeful.

I remember near identical rumours going around from people in the industry when UMAREX acquired the rights. 

UMAREX isn't based in Japan though...

So, apparently Glock has presented Tokyo Marui with a Cease & Desist order

Making TM stop production currently of anything Glock shaped

This video explains the shortage of gen 4 & 5 TM Glock (Gen 3 was apparently over produced with stock still available)

4 & 5’s are nigh on impossible to source in HK and Taiwan 😳

As the man say, “if you have a gen 5 - keep it! “

Jaeger also mentions it in this video @7:43

Find one, buy it! 😂

https://youtu.be/Onu1oS9pjFQ?si=ePV_Jg4ARuv34Why

2 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

This video explains the shortage of gen 4 & 5 TM Glock (Gen 3 was apparently over produced with stock still available)

Find one, buy it! 😂

I thought the whole thing is Japan doesn't have copyright laws they way the west does and that have about half the reason they don't bother with international markets. 

3 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Find one, buy it! 😂

So this exact rumour was used in 2016/17 in the US to explain why Tokyo Marui couldn’t sell glocks in the US.

We’ll have to see. If it goes like last time, they’ll pause production for 12-24

months then carry on as normal.

I'd like to think that in a what I assume is still a traditional country like Japan, a "representative" of TM would knock on the front door of whoever runs Baton Airsoft or whoever is messing things up and "suggest" they reverse course and that sorts it. 😄

6 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Find one, buy it! 😂

I'm not educated enough on this topic but Marui never cared about trade marks, royalties and stuff like that. This could apply to the other 4-5 (?) manufacturers who actually make guns instead of putting logos on them.

VFC doesn't care about SIG (I think SIG tried to do the same thing with them (last year?) and they make MPX, MCX, SPEAR etc. regardless ignoring them completely. 🤣 Yes it's not called VFC but we still know who runs the show.

This topic is interesting by the way because how jurisdictions and stuff like this work. If they want to take them to court that could take several years, silly amount of money, then appealing etc. Not saying it couldn't happen but it's gonna be interesting to see it how this one plays out.

Edited by Krisz

9 hours ago, BigStew said:

I thought the whole thing is Japan doesn't have copyright laws they way the west does and that have about half the reason they don't bother with international markets. 

They only allow copyright on items on sale in Japan, as firearms are illegal to possess, Glock normally wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

However, as Glock have now licensed their designs to Baton for Japan, the principle has changed. Baton are selling licensed Glock items in principle and thus Glock now have the legal capability to issue the cease and desist and have it mean something there.

Damn...knew i should've bought one. But only now, due to FOMO.

Hopefully this will be like when there was a big hoo-hah about H&K doing the same 25 years ago for those that remember.

It might mean that we see TM going the WE route and calling it a GP17 or something and get production started up again. Or partnering with umarex (shudder)

Edited by rj1986

So whilst waiting for files to upload at work, I did a bit more reading around the TM/Glock thing.

So I'm now hearing that there wasn't a cease and desist, and that everyone is quoting each other as a source. It might actually be down to TM reviewing their manufacturing of the 17.5 and there being a design flaw which they are fixing before the next batch.

So who knows...

For what it's worth, Western Arms sued/did legal stuff to TM over Berettas as WA held the Beretta licence in Japan. TM still make Berettas, they just can't have accurate trades. 

No more Glock trades is the most likely outcome I think here if this is not just a storm in teacup and everyone is freaking out over unsubstantiated rumours with nothing to back them up with. 

I believe there's a hobby trade show in Japan next month that TM attend so that could be interesting.