vest recommendations

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hoping someone can help me here! I’ve been looking for a new pc / vest and I’ve struggled before with the one size ones being too long or a little too big or aimed more at a male frame. does anyone have any recommendations for people on the shorter side? thanks :)

• Supporters

What have you previously owned or used ? , what & how much are you looking to carry?, does it have to be a full coverage PC or vest, or can you consider chest rigs etc. 

& finally, what are your camo or colour needs ? 

Sorry for all the questions, but with more info we can give you better recommendations. 

Have look for thw warrior assault roc in a swimmer cut. It's narrower than standard plate carriers as it cuts a great part of the upper corners of the plate to allow more arm movement. 

Outside of that plate carriers are usually designed around the standard plates so will close to those sizes with smaller cummerbund if your lucky. 

10 minutes ago, Tackle said:

What have you previously owned or used ? , what & how much are you looking to carry?, does it have to be a full coverage PC or vest, or can you consider chest rigs etc. 

& finally, what are your camo or colour needs ? 

Sorry for all the questions, but with more info we can give you better recommendations. 

I have a viper VX buckle up set up with 3 front mag pouches in multicam which is great and basically everything I need, but looking for something new as it needs a replacement. I did try a chest rig but it was too long fully adjusted. trying to be open minded on colour and everything else as I’d like to change up my setup a bit :) hope that helps 

24 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

Have look for thw warrior assault roc in a swimmer cut. It's narrower than standard plate carriers as it cuts a great part of the upper corners of the plate to allow more arm movement. 

Outside of that plate carriers are usually designed around the standard plates so will close to those sizes with smaller cummerbund if your lucky. 

that’s great! thanks so much i’ll check it out 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, faunskull said:

I have a viper VX buckle up set up with 3 front mag pouches in multicam which is great and basically everything I need, but looking for something new as it needs a replacement. I did try a chest rig but it was too long fully adjusted. trying to be open minded on colour and everything else as I’d like to change up my setup a bit :) hope that helps 

My go to recommendation to most people is a bulle mle platform, very light, very cheap (but not crap quality) very adjustable (my sons gf uses the m4 version with no issues & she's a proper hobbit🤣), but limited on colour options, od or tan I think ? 

The trouble with plate carriers is that they don't conform to a womans shape or some men for that matter.

Kids sizes might work for you, but the buckle up system has a load of adjustment, more than most I've seen.

20 minutes ago, Tackle said:

My go to recommendation to most people is a bulle mle platform, very light, very cheap (but not crap quality) very adjustable (my sons gf uses the m4 version with no issues & she's a proper hobbit🤣), but limited on colour options, od or tan I think ? 

That looks really cool. I might have a look at that for me !

• Supporters
10 hours ago, faunskull said:

hoping someone can help me here! I’ve been looking for a new pc / vest and I’ve struggled before with the one size ones being too long or a little too big or aimed more at a male frame. does anyone have any recommendations for people on the shorter side? thanks :)

Worth a look here: https://www.femmefataleairsoft.co.uk/search?q=plate+carrier

The LBX 0300S seems to be a decent choice.

Is there anything you don't like about the viper vx gear? If not then why not get a new set?

My recommendation for chest rigs is always the SADF M83 chest rig. I'm no way a big guy and mine fits my skinny body with more room for adjustment.

Lastly and mostly only because nobody else has posted it, there's always this😁

https://www.evike.com/products/31263/

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Is there anything you don't like about the viper vx gear? If not then why not get a new set?

My recommendation for chest rigs is always the SADF M83 chest rig. I'm no way a big guy and mine fits my skinny body with more room for adjustment.

Lastly and mostly only because nobody else has posted it, there's always this😁

https://www.evike.com/products/31263/

Kinky git😘

Agree, if your viper rig has served you well & ticked all the boxes so far, the maybe just look at other colour variants, it's like the old adage "if it ain't broke don't fix it" ? 

As you've admitted, sizing for kit is a problem, you'll be going down the virtual endless rabbit hole trying to find the holy grail of load carrying kit, some of us have been at it for decades & still not 100% convinced with what we're using, especially if your running multiple gun/mag platforms. 

May be a bit late but these are worlds ahead of Viper in build quality and allow you to use molle to expand them.

https://www.helikon-tex.com/en_eur/kk-ccr-cd-chicom-chest-rig.html

OR

https://www.helikon-tex.com/en_eur/kk-tmr-cd-training-mini-rig-tmr.html

The other option is if you like the VX but want more solidity look at the Spiritus micro mk4 or mk5 chest rig. Mk4 is what the VX was cloned from but its made for real steel use and the price reflects that. On the plus side its a highly modular system and you can probably just replace the bits that are worn out.

Edited by hunter511

• Supporters
1 hour ago, QV0 said:

I strongly recommend Jetstream vest.

Not really load carrying equipment though is it ? 

• Supporters
On 15/01/2024 at 18:55, QV0 said:

I strongly recommend Jetstream vest.

21 minutes ago, GAq said:

I only own one vest. It’s an IH with primaloft insulation. Purely for practical purposes. It works well over a UHF.

Are you guys just spamming for the sake of it  ?, I think you need to read the thread from the beginning, & if you still don't get the context, clear off ya scammin gets 😜

4 hours ago, Tackle said:

Are you guys just spamming for the sake of it  ?, I think you need to read the thread from the beginning, & if you still don't get the context, clear off ya scammin gets 😜

I mean they did at least post in the new player sub......

Then make an equally vague post in a different thread.......

Edited by hunter511

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.