Warranty.

Good day

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have a Umarex product it has been owned less than 2 months. 
bought from the distributor “Land Warrior Airsoft” and they have told me it is out of warranty.

But I can take it in to them and they will have a look and advice what to do. 

I Had an issue once with other Umarex/VFC product and the retailer (Airsoft world.) fixed it for nothing. 

I have heard Umarex customer service isn’t the best (which surprised me.) 

if this is the case I don’t think I will buy another Umarex product, I have seen you tubers getting their items sorted out but I’m wondering if that was just for camera. 

Any advice on what to do?

any help is much appreciated!

Edited by Good day

As above.

What is it and what's the prob?

Land Warrior's warranty:

"All damaged deliveries or shortages must be reported within 24 hours of receipt, any longer than this may invalidate your claim.

Standard Warranty/Guarantee 

All electric rifles, spring rifles and electric pistols come with a 12 month warranty, unless otherwise stated. Batteries, slings, speed loaders and chargers included with electric rifles/pistols are not covered under warranty as they are regarded as 'free' items.

Gas pistols, gas rifles & spring shotguns have a 30 day warranty.

Warranties are not transferable."

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Land Warrior's warranty:

"All damaged deliveries or shortages must be reported within 24 hours of receipt, any longer than this may invalidate your claim.

Standard Warranty/Guarantee 

All electric rifles, spring rifles and electric pistols come with a 12 month warranty, unless otherwise stated. Batteries, slings, speed loaders and chargers included with electric rifles/pistols are not covered under warranty as they are regarded as 'free' items.

Gas pistols, gas rifles & spring shotguns have a 30 day warranty.

Warranties are not transferable."

While that's pretty clear in their definitions, but can they overrule UK buyers rights, such as distance selling rules, just because they state it on their website, I don't think so ?. 

BUT, their up in jock land , does their legislation differ ? 

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

While that's pretty clear in their definitions, but can they overrule UK buyers rights, such as distance selling rules, just because they state it on their website, I don't think so ?. 

BUT, their up in jock land , does their legislation differ ? 

The Consumer Rights Act applies in Haggisland as well.

It might be out of the Land Warrior warranty but if they're a proper dealer then they can liaise with Umarex as any 12 month warranty would be with them rather than LWA. Standard procedure for a lot of consumer goods.

Would be good to know what this mysterious product is though.

2 hours ago, Madhouse said:

It might be out of the Land Warrior warranty but if they're a proper dealer then they can liaise with Umarex as any 12 month warranty would be with them rather than LWA. Standard procedure for a lot of consumer goods.

Would be good to know what this mysterious product is though.

It would also be good to know what has happened to it and why.

Umarex offer a 12 month warranty to their business customers: 

"All claims of the customer based on defects become statute-barred twelve (12) months after delivery of the Goods. This period does not apply if we acted with intent or gross negligence or in the case of liability for injury to life, health or body. Furthermore, it does not apply if we are liable under a guarantee or in the event of intentional deceit on our part. § 445 b of the German Civil Code shall also remain unaffected."

• Supporters

Usual advice. Take it in cheerfully and see if it's a simple fix. If not, you notionally have a right to a full refund within 6 months, but best of luck wringing that out of an airsoft shop. Fire in with the demand for a refund, then a letter before action, then a small claims / money claim online action, adding to your costs as you go. Don't expect a speedy resolution. 

If you bought on a credit card and it's over £100, you - again notionally - have a claim against them, which would be worth a try.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.