Do I need an optic protector?

Yashy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

as long as it covers the front of your optic any would do, that's the same style I use, thinking about locktite ing the hinge tho as it either falls forward or folds back during gameplay (depending which way I attach it).

Those protectors are very sacrificial, I've seen them cracked and therefore useless.

Better off with the Red Dot Engineering ones off eBay 

9 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

as long as it covers the front of your optic any would do, that's the same style I use, thinking about locktite ing the hinge tho as it either falls forward or folds back during gameplay (depending which way I attach it).

would i need to buy a 1inch mount for it? im using the 1inch riser mount on my feyachi

6 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Those protectors are very sacrificial, I've seen them cracked and therefore useless.

Better off with the Red Dot Engineering ones off eBay 

Nevermind, I've found these, selected my sight. would these be the ones you recommend? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294273163040?hash=item44840c1f20:g:cf4AAOSwECdg7iRJ

Edited by Yashy

7 minutes ago, Yashy said:

Those are the ones.  I second Rostock.  We're both fans of them, but a bit of something sticky on the reflex site models doesn't go amiss.  The round ones for scopes are fine installed dry.

• Supporters

100% you need optic protection. I've had a sight and two camera lenses shot out, before I figured out that BBs like to home in on any small, round, fragile pieces of glass.

Every optic I have+ torch has a little perspex disc (ebay) attached to the front via a 3d printed collar. They are sacrificial - had the ones on a torch shot out twice, and originally one of those flip up protectors smashed to pieces, but they did their job. All in CQB mind....

Another vote for the folk at Red dot engineering here. Good product, communication was great last time when I wanted something that they didn't have off the shelf.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.