VFC Glock 45 shooting every other cycle?

Charlie36

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If it's new then I'd send it back rather than hoping to fix it.  You might have to argue your case quite strongly with the retailer as not many have a good rep at handling warranty issues.
Where did you get it from?

As above. It amazes me that so many people involved in airsoft are happy to pay a decent amount of money for something that's faulty and then spend more on fixing it 

On 04/12/2023 at 00:37, RostokMcSpoons said:

If it's new then I'd send it back rather than hoping to fix it.  You might have to argue your case quite strongly with the retailer as not many have a good rep at handling warranty issues.
Where did you get it from?

This.

If it doesnt work send the damn thing back. Either that or you're gonna end up going into a bottomless rabbit hole of 3rd party parts that'll add up to more than you initially spent trying to make it work like it should've initially.

My first experience with an airsoft gun was when my mate bought a HFC M9 in-store from justBBguns. This was in December that year and when we go home we eagerly ventured out to my garden, where we fired a mag or two on green gas. When we attempted to get through another, we noticed it was no-longer locking back. 

"This piece of >insert your own expletive here< has broken! We need to take it back!" he furiously proclaimed.

I wasn't overly keen on this idea, as it's a three hour round trip....but he had paid around £150, so back we went. When we got there, they demonstrated that the gun cycled perfectly, even locking back on empty. Long-story short, the gun was fine but no-one had explained the negative effects of cold weather on a gas gun.

I have owned a VFC Glock 19X and it worked really well overall. However, when it was cold it would do the same thing, only shooting every couple of cycles. My point is that as adults, we should take a moment to analyse the situation, rather than just jumping up and down screaming "Not fit for purpose, consumer rights act!"

On 11/12/2023 at 13:00, Cr0-Magnon said:

My first experience with an airsoft gun was when my mate bought a HFC M9 in-store from justBBguns. This was in December that year and when we go home we eagerly ventured out to my garden, where we fired a mag or two on green gas. When we attempted to get through another, we noticed it was no-longer locking back. 

"This piece of >insert your own expletive here< has broken! We need to take it back!" he furiously proclaimed.

I wasn't overly keen on this idea, as it's a three hour round trip....but he had paid around £150, so back we went. When we got there, they demonstrated that the gun cycled perfectly, even locking back on empty. Long-story short, the gun was fine but no-one had explained the negative effects of cold weather on a gas gun.

I have owned a VFC Glock 19X and it worked really well overall. However, when it was cold it would do the same thing, only shooting every couple of cycles. My point is that as adults, we should take a moment to analyse the situation, rather than just jumping up and down screaming "Not fit for purpose, consumer rights act!"

Exactly, most airsoft blow back guns won’t perform so well when cold, especially if they have metal slides. I often use one of the rechargeable hand warmers to gently heat the mags when I shoot at the club, works well.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.