Playing with old injuries

Enid_Puceflange

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've given my position away a few times after being a sneaky bastard and ending up in the perfect spot, only to stand up, both my knees going "oh no you don't sunshine" and yelping in pain. 😱😆

Hereditary knees (thanks dad! You with your shiney titanium ones) and being a lazy 17 stone engineer has definitely taken its toll. 

Tactical walking, tuned pews so I don't have to get right in amongst the chaos and carnage and a keen eye for watching what's going on help. 

Have to say that other than a fractured wrist (watch me climb this barrier to get to the perfect firing position....clunk thud) I haven't ever broken a bone. 

I let the younglings take the lead and then sweep up when plan A goes to shit. 😂

2 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

YARN | You ever see a lion limber up before it takes down a gazelle? |  Zombieland (2009) | Video gifs by quotes | 979f135a | 紗

First thing any cat does upon waking is stretch liked hell!

Don't forget to stretch down either, it eases anything that you may have pulled without noticing.

Since muscle supports/surrounds joints, staying fit helps a great deal.  Of course my preferred ways of getting fit are what led to the injuries in the first place; probably the same for most of us?  If I hadn't a love for martial arts and bikes, I'd be less injured, but I wouldn't be fit for my age either.  

Written sitting supported by cushions whilst elevating leg/foot due to sciatica, planter fasciitis, arthritis, tarsal tunnel and (re)torn rib cartilage.  Enjoying a very effective muscle relaxant isotonic sport scotch called Bell's.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sewdhull said:

Yoga, do it.

Are goats optional ? 

244411015_982919928945955_4824310201595480565_n.jpg

I've got a number of niggling old injuries that would keep me off playing airsoft if I didn't keep them under control through rehab exercises and stretching. The best thing I done was to book a private sports physio to look them over. I would recommend anyone else to do the same. It might not help, but depending on the injuries, it could make a life changing difference to your mobility.

1 hour ago, Sewdhull said:

Yoga, do it.

I'd second this if you're able to do it.

4 hours ago, John F. said:

I've got a number of niggling old injuries that would keep me off playing airsoft if I didn't keep them under control through rehab exercises and stretching. The best thing I done was to book a private sports physio to look them over. I would recommend anyone else to do the same. It might not help, but depending on the injuries, it could make a life changing difference to your mobility.

I'd second this if you're able to do it.

I’ve actually been thinking about this.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.