What type of battery do I need?

Yashy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey! I Just recently brought a SA-H22 Specna arms.

I already have a existing nuprol 7.4 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nuprol-7-4v-1200mah-Lipo-Battery/dp/B07GSBCRNS/ref=asc_df_B07GSBCRNS/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=347831772874&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4319123987166395737&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046182&hvtargid=pla-773772455252&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

The gun came with a adaptor for the tamiya but the wire is so long it doesn't actually fit properly in the gun and that specific battery is to big for the holes.

What battery type do I need? It's a deans connector but it has an extra adaptor for tamiya but its way to long. Any links? and a battery that could fit in?

• Supporters

Ahoy, I'm surprised that doesn't fit down one side of the stock.  I guess the adaptor is the problem?

This probably will, although the caveat is that there's no standard or certainties in airsoft: https://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1450mah-25c-continuous-discharge-cranestock-lipo-battery.html

I'd want two of those for a day's play, switching at lunch.

You might be able to use one of these for a whole day: https://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-2000mah-20c-continuous-discharge-airsoft-lipo-split-pack.html

In either case you'll want to order them with Deans connectors, which will add 50p to the price.

Many other vendors and brands are available.  HobbyKing is starting to restock in the UK but don't have anything suitable at the moment. I like their site because they provide precise battery dimensions, which takes some of the guesswork out of it.

Bin that H&K style stock and stick a PTS EPS on it. Loads of room for wiring.

The do come up for sale around £35 second hand- I should know because I've sold 4 of them recently on here...but that's another story.

• Supporters

Oh, right, it's one of those skinny bois.

Hmm, then I'd treat the suggestions above as just that: suggestive. You could ask to try out some batteries on site to see if you can find something that fits.  Bear in mind that you can play with the butt off (fnar) and the battery duct-taped to the stock.

eng_pl_SA-H22-EDGE-2-0-TM-Carbine-Replic

If you can solder you could swap the connector on the battery and keep the adaptor for charging of you need to. 

If you were near me I'd give you a hand doing it I've had to change so many connectors of late it's my mist common soldering task.

• Supporters

Extend the stock, poke the battery down the stock tube - non-wiring end first - then wind the spare wiring up and poke it in behind the battery. 

Job jobbed.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, concretesnail said:

If you can solder you could swap the connector on the battery

Sure, if the battery fits in the buffer tube and it's only the adaptor that's causing problems, that's the way to go. Ask at your local site(s), there's often folk there who'll do it for you, it's a 5-minute fix.

On 31/10/2023 at 11:28, Rogerborg said:

Ahoy, I'm surprised that doesn't fit down one side of the stock.  I guess the adaptor is the problem?

This probably will, although the caveat is that there's no standard or certainties in airsoft: https://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1450mah-25c-continuous-discharge-cranestock-lipo-battery.html

I'd want two of those for a day's play, switching at lunch.

You might be able to use one of these for a whole day: https://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-2000mah-20c-continuous-discharge-airsoft-lipo-split-pack.html

In either case you'll want to order them with Deans connectors, which will add 50p to the price.

Many other vendors and brands are available.  HobbyKing is starting to restock in the UK but don't have anything suitable at the moment. I like their site because they provide precise battery dimensions, which takes some of the guesswork out of it.

Those dual 2000 7.4 nun-chucks, Sorry I don't know much about batteries all I've had/trusted is nurpol. How safe are those batteries? are they well known? sorry if im coming across as snobby. When it comes to batteries they scare me the most and I want the safest possible. 

29 minutes ago, Yashy said:

Those dual 2000 7.4 nun-chucks, Sorry I don't know much about batteries all I've had/trusted is nurpol. How safe are those batteries? are they well known? sorry if im coming across as snobby. When it comes to batteries they scare me the most and I want the safest possible. 

The Vapex batteries are good and well known; imo they are better than Nuprol ones.

• Supporters

Agreed, Nuprol is a reputable brand, but it's hardly a good reputation.  They just rebrand the cheapest tat they can find. Their batteries seem to be OK-ish, but their chargers are genuine fire hazards.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Yashy said:

Those dual 2000 7.4 nun-chucks, 

Won't fit down a stock tube. Try two of these https://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1450mah-25c-continuous-discharge-lipo-battery.html and swap at lunch time if you go full ham on the auto.

16 hours ago, Yashy said:

sorry if im coming across as snobby. 

16 hours ago, Yashy said:

all I've had/trusted is nurpol. 

Trust me, you're not coming off as snobby.

It should easily take the 2000mAh nunchuck; this guy is getting bigger batteries in the same stock: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2023 at 15:10, Lozart said:

Won't fit down a stock tube. Try two of these https://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1450mah-25c-continuous-discharge-lipo-battery.html and swap at lunch time if you go full ham on the auto.

Trust me, you're not coming off as snobby.

Hey! I was just about to get the vapex ones and they're out of stock EVERYWHERE! 😧

I was just wondering if you know any more reputable brands? 

Ones that come with a DEANS connector already in, No extra wire and connection 😞 thank you!

14 hours ago, Yashy said:

Hey! I was just about to get the vapex ones and they're out of stock EVERYWHERE! 😧

I was just wondering if you know any more reputable brands? 

Ones that come with a DEANS connector already in, No extra wire and connection 😞 thank you!

There is no massive difference between batteries in my opinion and they all lie about C ratings anyway.

You can find similar batteries all over ebay/patrolbase/hobbyking etc.

Edited by Krisz

5 hours ago, Yashy said:

It depends how much you shoot and space to fit it. To simplify it 1300mAh equals ~1300 pull trigger.

Unless I'm mistaken you should aim for always a higher C rating just to make sure your motor can draw enough amp (especially when you spam semi indoor).

So 1300:1000=1.3. 1.3x25=32.5 A.

Edited by Krisz

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Yashy said:

Would 1300mAh be enough?

It really comes down to how you play.  CQB, careful single shorts and a few short bursts, sure.  Magdumping hi-caps, I'd want two of those, and (as above) switch at lunch.

Higher C is always better. The motor will only draw what it needs, and you don't want the battery to be the limiting factor.

Yeah, get the largest capacity lipo, lion or life that will fit.

The c ratings would be useful if they were not arbitrarily decided on or innacurate.

Good chargers can measure the internal resistance which is a good measure of a quality battery, lower is better, it can also show cell imbalance in IR which is the sign your pack needs replacing.

I know deans is popular but xt60 is a better connector. For many guns xt30 is sufficient.

Better c rating is better ofcourse...

19 hours ago, Krisz said:

There is no massive difference between batteries in my opinion and they all lie about C ratings anyway.

You can find similar batteries all over ebay/patrolbase/hobbyking etc.

I have got batteries from Amazon and patrolbase, they are all satisfactory 

Edited by Sewdhull
More thoughts

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.