New Specna Arms SA-E15 EDGE won't fire out the box?

nukacolavoid

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Send it back and get a refund or replacement. Opening it up will void any warranty and leave you with an expensive paperweight if you can't fix it.

Have you switched it to auto and squeezed the trigger? May be a lock up. Also check that the mosfet is properly connected. My son's Specna had really dodgy connectors to the Aster, so that's been replaced by a Perun. 

• Supporters

Ahoy, welcome, and sorry to hear that you're having issues.  Electrical problems are generally something simple.

The suggestions above are sound.  What battery do you have?  What charger, and how do you know it's charged?  Is it Deans/T-plug, or Mini-Tamiya connected via the adapter that comes with the Specna?  And if it's Mini-Tamiya, is it definitely sold for airsoft use?  For no reason that I can figure out, airsoft and RC use opposite polarities on Tamiya connectors.

2 hours ago, Majestyk said:

Tried it with a different battery? I think it would be best to connect a Deans LiPo and see, might be an issue with the Mini Tamiya adaptor.

I have tried a different battery and still no luck.

2 hours ago, Gunboat Diplomat said:

Check the polarity on the deans to tamiya converter you are using. Did it come with the gun or did you acquire it separately?

I made sure everything was connected properly and firmly. It did come with the gun 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, nukacolavoid said:

It did come with the gun 

What came with the gun?  The battery, or the adapter?

2 hours ago, nukacolavoid said:

I have tried a different battery and still no luck.

What battery?

If you call the retailer that sold it to you on Monday morning, they're going to ask you all the same questions.

• Supporters

Oh, right, I've just seen the video, I had to download it to get it to play.

That... urgh... Nuprol battery and the polarity should be OK, although NiMh is old technology and I wouldn't spend one penny more on it.  A 7.4V lipo will do the same job.

The basic-bitch mosfet in the Edge can get stroppy at higher voltages and motor draws, but would flash red if so. As @Dan Robinson says, it should flash green when you plug the battery in.

If the mosfet isn't flashing green it's misbehaving (or conceivably the batteries are total duds, or your charger has discharged them - some NiMh "smart" chargers can be worse than useless, and Nuprul gonna Nuprol).

If you're getting the green flash on connection, then the motor terminal connections are a good shout.  It looks like you have the quick-access grip with a squeeze-to-open latch (that's actually a terrible idea normally, but which will be handy here).  Be careful when you remove the base plate, there's a little disk in there which sits under the motor that loves to fall out and get lost.

Although since this is brand new, I would also agree that the best thing to do is to call the retailer and have them talk you through it, because at least then you'll be doing things under their instruction and they'll be less able to argue the toss on it if it does have to go back.

It probably is something simple, that's not a fire-control mosfet, just a simple relay, and there's not much to go wrong there.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.