Lightweight AEG Recommendations

AGR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Personally I'd rather take this over the Lancer Tactical...

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/double-eagle-m904e-fire-control-system-edition?pv=15410

... not that I've got anything against Lancer.

The reason I'd chose the DE M904E is that the ETU in the Lancer uses a magnet in the sector gear to perform its cycle control, it's not optical like the Falcon in the DE M900's. If for any reason the sector gear in the Lancer get's damaged you'll have to make sure you buy one that has the same magnet present in it :( (it comes in a kit with the Zion ETU, but I've no idea if you can buy it separately (or remove the delayer to swap to a new gear).

On 16/09/2023 at 16:01, EDcase said:

AEPs (Auto Electric Pistols) might be OK for CQB but trigger response is slow which isn't good in that situation and aren't powerful enough for woodland games.

The TM mp7 AEP on a 7.4v lipo is actually pretty snappy, but it's the only AEP I will ever own (I have heard good things about the Cyma mosfet edition AEPs too, but never owned one and doubt I ever will). Need to run it on full auto though because at any ranges over about 10m people don't seem to feel it. Mine shoots about 0.6J on a .25, so it's not entirely unexpected, but a burst of full auto usually gets them to notice. And if they moan about "omg full auto stop overshooting" after a burst of 0.6J .25s then you know they're a bit precious :P 

Edited by Impulse

3 hours ago, Impulse said:

(I have heard good things about the Cyma mosfet edition AEPs too, but never owned one and doubt I ever will)

I can't remember the exact model but my son had a Cyma MOSFET AEP, with a 7.4v Li-Po, and it's the first and only airsoft RIF he's sold on (this was about two years ago). From the time you pull the trigger someone close enough could probably get a melee kill on you first with a rubber dagger it was that slow :(  

(It also weighed a ton and the pistol grip felt huge in your hand, it was a truly horribly thing when you compare it to any half decent green gas pistol)

On 16/09/2023 at 17:43, AGR said:

I personally wouldn’t touch an aep. And aesthetically p90’s are about as attractive as the thought of a prostate exam. 

I had a very compact and decent powered specna arms SA-C10 a couple of years ago, all polymer and very lightweight. Sold it to fund current ak. 

AEP's are just rubbish in my opinion I don't think I'd waste money on them. 

How it looks is one thing but all of the P90's have mushy triggers (exception maybe the new Marui P90+ or overpriced Krytac) without mosfet and the gun has 0 ergonomics. Magazines are akward to carry. For a lot people just isn't comfortable to shoulder it.

But for CQB purposes it has a lot of potential.

Edited by Krisz

On 16/09/2023 at 17:43, AGR said:

aesthetically p90’s are about as attractive as the thought of a prostate exam

Butt, butt, butt 😉 ... I love the P90 looks, & frankly my prostate exams were the only intimate contact I've had in a while.

Not fielded my P90 yet coz I only have 2 mags for it, got molle pouches for the mags I've yet to buy tho.

(another 2 mags & a pouch ordered via fleabay)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.