Geoffs BB Shortage

RebelScum

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Given there appears to definitely be an issue with buying Geoffs BBs at the moment (sold out in a lot a weights for months now), two questions.  Any idea why that might be?  And secondly what would be a good substitute for 0.3g or 0.32g bbs, given this brand is all I've used for a number of years?  Similar quality and price range?  Thanks.

Edited by RebelScum
I can't spell...

• RebelScum changed the title to Geoffs BB Shortage

BLS and Longbow. Also ASG Blasters are okay at those weights too.

Warhead have worked perfectly for me, I bought 10kg of 0.28s, nearly got through all them now without any getting jammed in the barrel

Geoffs 0.32g gave the best groupings in my testing with the MWS but since they have been so scarce I gave Warhead 0.32g a try - similar grouping (thumbnail sized at 10m) so I grabbed a kilo of them and I have been happy with them. Zero splits or misfeeds.

The 0.28g are the favourite food for the TM M733 AEG and give better results than Longbow, Geoffs and Guarder.

I generally use ASG Open Blasters in .28 for AEG and .32 in MWS. 

Have to say Geoffs were also my go to, so appreciate the alternatives being mentioned here. 

May try BLS and Warhead. 

15 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

I generally use ASG Open Blasters

I have just burned through the last on my stock of their 25s - have been fine up until yesterday where had two break in two different mags.  I'm putting it down to impact damage from running around in an Odin on my plate carrier.

14 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Have you got the silicon insert for your Odin @Dan Robinson?

Nope - never knew it was a thing.   Time to engage Google Fu.

Do we mean this:

https://www.airsoftcentral.co.uk/odin-innovations-m12-sidewinder-sound-dampening-silicone-buffer.html

Edited by Dan Robinson

On 10/09/2023 at 16:41, Dan Robinson said:

We certainly do. I bought an Odin for the boy, and when it arrived it was without the insert that mine came with. As far as I can make out, the EMG branded Odins include it, and the Odin branded don't.

Anyway, may save BBs from getting a battering and is quiet for sure.

Back to the original topic, I think a range of Warhead BBs may be in the shopping cart later this week

Edited by C-Diddy

2 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

We certainly do. I bought an Odin for the boy, and when it arrived it was without the insert that mine came with. As far as I can make out, the EMG branded Odins include it, and the Odin branded don't.

Anyway, may save BBs from getting a battering and is quite for sure.

Back to the original topic, I think a range of Warhead BBs may be in the shopping cart later this week

Does it make a big difference to the run rattle?

Shame we can't do forum bulk purchase of BBs 

Edited by Dan Robinson

29 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Does it make a big difference to the run rattle?

There's still a bit, but it's very muted in comparison, which you'd hope for, right?! 

2 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Ah, does that fit in the knock-off versions as well, do you think?  I might invest as my "Odd'un" works quite well, but when it's hundreds of BB's + some spare space, it really does make a helluva noise doesn't it?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.