mp5 - which sling?

mirinjawbro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I use a standard bit of webbing strap with a triglide buckle on mine. But if you don't want to butcher an existing sling, perhaps a loop of paracord to hook onto with your sling hook? A double fishermans bend would be a neat/tidy way to knot it.

I thought the actual webbing of the sling was supposed to loop through the sling point on the stock. But the keyring idea sounds good. If you fancy something a bit more gucci here's a video with a few suggestions 

Part of the sling supposed to be looped into it. But a carabiner (if it fits) or keyring gives you more flexibility.

I'm stupid enough to buy a genuine sling(but I won't...yet), nice to see the video as I always wondered how the sling clip was used.

I got lazy and just bought what appears to be a legit (or at least uses the original design) HK MP5 sling but it's not as fast to adjust as a regular 2 or 3 point sling that you'd use on an M4 for example as you need to pop the 'slider' into that bit near the magwell if you don't want to drop it and have it smack you squarely in the nuts.

Edited by MrTea

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.