8Fields Plate Carriers - Good Budget Option or Waste of Money?

FMairsoft33

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I'm trying to set up a new loadout and need a tan plate carrier but really don't want to spend a fortune. There are a couple of 8Fields PC's that look good, but are fairly cheap so I don't know whether that means the quality is lacking. I don't need it to be indestructible and last forever, but as long as it's comfortable and will put up with the general stresses of airsoft then I'm happy. If anyone has any experience with 8Fields kit your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

These are two in particular that I'm looking at: 

8Fields Tactical - Jump Plate Carrier Cummerbund (patrolbase.co.uk)

8Fields Tactical Combat Vest w/ Releasable Armour System (patrolbase.co.uk)

I had one a few months ago that I used for a few skirmishes and it was decent enough quality. I never put it through too much abuse so hard to say how long it would hold up over many years but it was serviceable from what I experienced. I only sold it on because I wanted to switch to multicam and got a good deal on a Viper one. If you're looking for a plate carrier on a budget I'd recommend checking out Aliexpress too

I picked up this one earlier in the year. While I've only used it a few times I've no complaints

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/8fields-tactical-molle-plate-carrier-w-mock-insert?pv=5150

Don't know about their carriers specifically, but I have a bunch of their pouches and a few holsters because they're pretty good for the price. Haven't had anything fall apart on me yet!

3 hours ago, FMairsoft33 said:

Hi guys, I'm trying to set up a new loadout and need a tan plate carrier but really don't want to spend a fortune. There are a couple of 8Fields PC's that look good, but are fairly cheap so I don't know whether that means the quality is lacking. I don't need it to be indestructible and last forever, but as long as it's comfortable and will put up with the general stresses of airsoft then I'm happy. If anyone has any experience with 8Fields kit your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

These are two in particular that I'm looking at: 

8Fields Tactical - Jump Plate Carrier Cummerbund (patrolbase.co.uk)

8Fields Tactical Combat Vest w/ Releasable Armour System (patrolbase.co.uk)

8Fields is absolutely fine if you want to pay the least amount of money. If you start to spend 90-100 pounds probably a Viper Tactical or some decent second hand offer from the classifieds would be a  better option.

Edited by Krisz

28 minutes ago, Krisz said:

8Fields is absolutely fine if you want to pay the least amount of money. If you start to spend 90-100 pounds probably a Viper Tactical or some decent second hand option from the classifieds would be a  better option.

At £100 you can definitely pick up Warrior Plate Carriers if you're patient enough. If you're lucky they'll even come with all or some pouches.

Edited by MrTea

I bought an 8 Fields slick carrier for my son when he started playing last year. For the money, it's been absolutely fine, with little wear, and, to my mind, better value than Viper's offerings.

• Moderators

odd, ive been looking at these today :lol:

my brother has i think this one, hes had it since 2016, its been fine for him, so if you can get one, its ideal, Its still good today as it was then, although he is a muppet and still has the dummy foam plates in and then wonders why he gets hot :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

I picked up this one earlier in the year. While I've only used it a few times I've no complaints

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/8fields-tactical-molle-plate-carrier-w-mock-insert?pv=5150

Ive been looking for something for my son as he last wore my WAS covert PC but tbh, i need it back!, but i may now just let him use my WAS chest rig as its not used much and the tan one he wants is currently OOS, so will have to wait

The lad has had one for about seven years.  He does have others now, but the original is fine.  I have one of similar vintage but only wear it for CQB, so quite rarely. 

I actually use mine to cheat loadouts when hard to get Russian gear is required too.  It passes the 10 yard rule.  

8Fields is better than most cheap stuff IMHO.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.