What upgrades to get for a CYMA PLAT MP5

Haru

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i just plugged a battery into my gun and its not shooting. it beeps like normal when i plug the battery but the trigger doesnt do anything, does that mean the mosfet is fried? Real shame because I only skirmished it once and barely shot 300bbs. Anyways apart from installing a Perun hybrid v2 what are some cheap and easy upgrades for someone who has no experience teching?

52 minutes ago, DerDer said:

Have you tried a different battery? In case it's the battery that is dead.

nope i've just ordered a new battery and while i was at it ordered a perun and some shimmings and silicon oil. i mean may aswell at this point

The only upgrades you really need are a Perun and maybe a hop rubber. Everything else is fine—you shouldn’t actually need to reshim or relube the gearbox.

I would personally say to put the Perun in, maybe change the hop rubber if you want more consistency (only applicable if you’re using high quality BBs .25g or up), and avoid touching the shimming and lubing, especially if this is your only gun.

Stock shimming and lubing does not need to be touched on most stock guns (CYMA Plats being better than most), and I can tell you from experience that as a beginner you’re more likely to mess something up than improve it on your first, second, and third tries.

You can do whatever you would like with your RIF, but I would personally recommend picking up a cheap second RIF if you want to learn to tech. It’ll save your game days and headaches!

Since you've said in another post that this was a new purchase, from a retailer (patrolbase), and it shot 300 bbs before it fried
- then I would send it back for repair/replacement (as stated by CrackCommandoUnit1972

Then: just use the gun until it needs upgrading
Cyma plats tend to already have upgraded gearbox internals and motor, so you're good there.

Otherwise, pretty much what Leo said

Until the mosfet dies, wouldn't bother replacing
Until the hop rubber shows signs of wear, (usually after a few thousand rounds), wouldn't bother replacing
You could upgrade the barrel, but, if it's firing fine - leave it

Mosfet wise, with the perun:
You might have to modify the gearbox shell slightly for it to fit in properly
mostly just means filing down/removing a "post" or sometimes the cut-off screw hole.
If this is the case, then you'll need to clean out your gearbox shell afterwards and reapply any necessary greases
- cracking open the gearbox voids warranty

Start by contacting Patrolbase, tell them the problem with the gun, they'll either try diagnosing/fixing the issue remotely, or request you sent it them for repair

Then, if the gun works, leave it be
(so long as you havent opened anything, you can send the items you bought back for full refund, though maybe keep the silicon oil for general maintenance).

37 minutes ago, -davo- said:

Start by contacting Patrolbase, tell them the problem with the gun, and get a replacement or refund.

Fixed.

If its only fired 300 shots before shitting the bed then it needs to go back (assuming the OP hasn't done anything to void warranty, eg opening up the gearbox)

i would send it back to patrolbase but i need the gun before the weekend to play. just watched a bunch of youtube videos last night, shouldnt be too hard to drop a perun in there. always enjoyed opening up gadgets, so ill have fun with it either way

15 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

At a guess the mosfet hasn't been programmed properly.

Purely a guess

havnt programmed it yet, was testing it and it started firing like that

The selector sticker is probably in the wrong spot. It can be finicky. You also want to make sure the gearbox isn’t rubbing the selector sticker. I typically file the gearbox shell down a bit so the sticker has full clearance.

1 hour ago, Leo Greer said:

The selector sticker is probably in the wrong spot. It can be finicky. You also want to make sure the gearbox isn’t rubbing the selector sticker. I typically file the gearbox shell down a bit so the sticker has full clearance.

the sensors are ever so slightly off, im gonna try file the gearbox and see if that helps

which side are you filing it from?

nevermind, ill have to stop now since one of the wires got loose and got cut in half. I think I have an idea of how to fix the sensor issue but now ill have to wait for some electrical tape to come in the mail

2 hours ago, Haru said:

the sensors are ever so slightly off, im gonna try file the gearbox and see if that helps

which side are you filing it from?

The corner that has the chance to contact the sticker. That sharp lip on the selector window is the concern. Have you disassembled the RIF and looked at the selector plate yet since installing? You should check and make sure before doing anything.

The corner that has the chance to contact the sticker. That sharp lip on the selector window is the concern. Have you disassembled the RIF and looked at the selector plate yet since installing? You should check and make sure before doing anything.

after some research ive found that the ICS stickers are more compatible the with cyma platinum gearboxes, but i cant test it rn

On 16/08/2023 at 22:10, Haru said:

ive found that the ICS stickers are more compatible the with cyma platinum gearboxes

Can confirm.
Last time i put a perun in an mp5 (cyma gearbox), i found the ICS stickers to be the key
Mp5 are a little more finnicky with testing for the perun

I would suggest assembling the gearbox in the lower, with only the trigger, sector gear and mosfet in the shell
(as per Perun's own advice) > manual

From there, connect the battery with the gun on safe and the mosfet should go into "debug/test" mode.
Go through your fire selections.

Flashing yellow means motor disconnected (which, yes, it should be for this part)
white- safe
blue - semi
red - auto
purple - trigger pull detected
green - sector gear movement detected

from there you should be able to tell if the sensor sticker is properly aligned
if it is, then great, put all the other bits back in and fully reassemble

Edited by -davo-

12 hours ago, -davo- said:

Can confirm.
Last time i put a perun in an mp5 (cyma gearbox), i found the ICS stickers to be the key
Mp5 are a little more finnicky with testing for the perun

I would suggest assembling the gearbox in the lower, with only the trigger, sector gear and mosfet in the shell
(as per Perun's own advice) > manual

From there, connect the battery with the gun on safe and the mosfet should go into "debug/test" mode.
Go through your fire selections.

Flashing yellow means motor disconnected (which, yes, it should be for this part)
white- safe
blue - semi
red - auto
purple - trigger pull detected
green - sector gear movement detected

from there you should be able to tell if the sensor sticker is properly aligned
if it is, then great, put all the other bits back in and fully reassemble

just fixed her up after a week of work and a couple mishaps 

sometimes it do be like that
good to hear you sorted it
well done 💪

2 hours ago, Haru said:

yeah, it was hell. all because of a sticker I now have a spare perun hybrid with a shredded wire and a bag of spade connectors.

But you also have a working gun and a ton of extra knowledge right? 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.