Hello & a Question!

RoyEvans

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I am new to airsoft, just getting started so this is a new hobby with my son. Purchased AEGs for us both and I was also gifted a green gas 1911 (a bit pants doesn't work that well). So my question to the more knowledgeable is, are electric pistols worth looking into?  I haven't got the knowledge (yet) to start fault finding and stripping / rebuilding the 1911 so would electric be a viable option for a couple of newbs. I have added a photo of my M4. Not the most expensive gun but does what I want (for now...lol).Cheers Roy.

20230727_201955.jpg

Hi Roy and welcome aboard.👍

Have you joined a club and played your three games?

Only ask as I'm wondering how you got rifs. 

It's a nice looking gat though.🙂

Regards 

Oh yes your bank account will suffer😂

It's worth it though 👍

Regards 

Welcome 

Electric pistols tend to be more reliable than gas ones, especially in colder weather, but are usually underpowered compared to the gbb ones with them firing at 220 - 240fps.

12 hours ago, RoyEvans said:

are electric pistols worth looking into?

Probably not. Most pistols in Airsoft are gas powered. Most are GBB (Gas Blow Back) and some are Non-Blow back (NBB). There are some that are AEP but are, from what i've seen, shunned in terms of performance versus the prior mentioned methods.

Also, as @Shamal said, prepare your wallet. I said i'd never buy anything other than needed to play and now i'm at nine guns with overhead to expand. Send help.

Edited by MrTea

Welcome

Congratulations on joining the most obsessive & financially unstable hobby/sport in the world!!

Regarding electric pistols; forget them. Whilst they are more reliable in the cold, they are underpowered, poor build, low range & generally unimpressive. Total waste of money.

If you're looking at a reliable gas sidearm, have a look at the Tokyo Marui range of glocks & the fnx 45.

If you want to pay slightly less for metal construction, WE are a good brand of pistols; Glocks and Sigs tend to be thier better models.

There's also the grin factor. GBB pistols are way more fun to shoot.

Do you find yourself in situations where a pistol is needed often, eg tight spaces where moving with a rifle is difficult? If not then you might find it more beneficial to carry something which will be more useful like a pouch with an extra mag (plus it'll be easier on the wallet). Let's face it, the majority of airsofter's pistols spent 99% of the game sat in a holster.

Edited by Cannonfodder
Typo

5 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

There's also the grin factor. GBB pistols are way more fun to shoot.

Do you find yourself in situations where a pistol is needed often, eg tight spaces where moving with a rifle is difficult? If not then you might find it more beneficial to carry something which will be more useful like a pouch with an extra mag (plus it'll be easier on the wallet). Let's face it, the majority of airsofter's pistols spent 99% of the game sat in a holster.

Absolutely hit the target

A pistol carried as a sidearm is just another gun in the collection that you carry around for added weight

But a pistol in your hand makes you the biggest and baddest on the field - even (especially) if you’re constantly being out gunned - enjoy the disadvantages of a pistol vs everyone else - and seek out the advantages of a light, compact and mobile setup 

Edited by Tommikka

Pistol kills are particularly satisfying though...like my one against Riot Shield guy the other week...got him right in the neck. 🤭😎

They're handy for kamikaze runs against an objective where rifles slow you down.

But that is a very small amount if time.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.