SSR-63 Question.

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

59 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

No end cap or retaining mechanism?

Just dont point the gun down it'll be fine......

Not as far as I can see...call me weird but I think there's a chance I might point it down at some point, haha.

10 minutes ago, Leo Greer said:

Duct tape...

Not my style.

Velcro strap around the barrel and battery to hold it in place?

That battery looks rather vulnerable.  How big are the slots in the handguard?  Could a BB get through?

what about a bungie or cable tie through the front guard to either secure it inside or evenprotect it from damage? You could easily attach some rails/ torch/ etc that can act as protection, alternately a small piece of pipe lagging foam that will slide in the guard and do both??? painted a tactical colour obviously.

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

call me weird but I think there's a chance I might point it down at some point, haha.

Well you might wanna reconsider, likely invalidate your warranty......

Personally, I would make the battery a little cardboard "sheath" and wedge it into the hand guard, but if you wanted to get fancy you could 3D print or make yourself a pouch out of fabric that attaches to the inside of the hand guard.

13 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Velcro strap around the barrel and battery to hold it in place?

That battery looks rather vulnerable.  How big are the slots in the handguard?  Could a BB get through?

Yes a BB could definitely get through the M-Lok slots but of course more likely straight down the centre of the handguard, which is wide open.

It's a shame, I only tested it briefly in the garden but it sounds really "clean" - like it's well shimmed etc out of the box. Also there was zero FPS drop when I set the hop for 0.28's, unlike some of my other AEG's which can lose loads.

This is the A2 variant which has an M4 mag adapter pre-installed, but does anyone know if G36 mags fit in M4 mag pouches?

53 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

does anyone know if G36 mags fit in M4 mag pouches?

Single mag pouches no, but a double mag pouch yes but it might be a bit tight.

10 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

This is the A2 variant which has an M4 mag adapter pre-installed, but does anyone know if G36 mags fit in M4 mag pouches?

It's a pain in the arse getting them out a pouch without the tabs catching, you can get G36 molle pouches tho M4's slip in those easily.

Edited by gavinkempsell

I would look to a battery grip or a battery peq box, personally I favour the grip battery over the peq.

Regards pouches. Warrior make g36 pouches which are very good for the standard mags, with the clips. 

Triple AK pouches also hold 2 g36 mags which are linked together. 

Third option, pts g36 mags fit standard stanag pouches, I use warrior bungee pouches with mine.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.