Real Steel Magazine Sales

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is the sale of real steel magazines allowed on this forum? I’ve checked through the classifieds rules and there’s no mention of real steel gun parts or accessories, (unless I missed it). I’ve also done a forum search, but can’t find anything. I’ve never listed real steel items before and don’t want to list something and get a warning, or worse.

5 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Classifieds rule #10 says Airsoft related items, I can’t see how RS mags relate to airsoft in anyway

Could be used as a conversion piece. Make a midcap out of some weird, obscure RS magazine that airsoft manufacturers don't make.

• Supporters

i'd argue it's sufficiently airsoft adjacent to be ok, we don't bat an eyelid at an RS optic or RS furniture so there's precedent that unregulated RS components are fine.

all that seperates an rs mag from an airsoft mag is a donor cyma, a dremel and a lot of swearing.

35 minutes ago, Super64 said:

To make your airsoft toy look better 😉

IMG_0617.jpeg

Whilst that looks cool, there is no f***ing way I’d be going out anywhere like that, dummy rounds or not

17 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Whilst that looks cool, there is no f***ing way I’d be going out anywhere like that, dummy rounds or not

Don’t worry, that doesn’t leave the house. Purely a collectors piece. It’s a VFC, so it’ll likely not make it through a game anyway 😀

• Head Moderator
4 hours ago, Super64 said:

Is the sale of real steel magazines allowed on this forum? I’ve checked through the classifieds rules and there’s no mention of real steel gun parts or accessories, (unless I missed it). I’ve also done a forum search, but can’t find anything. I’ve never listed real steel items before and don’t want to list something and get a warning, or worse.

Real steel magazines would be a no.  They are not airsoft.  A real steel stock or scope can be used on a toy gun, but a real magazine does not really meet that standard. 

15 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Real steel magazines would be a no.  They are not airsoft.  A real steel stock or scope can be used on a toy gun, but a real magazine does not really meet that standard. 

Thanks for the clarification @Jedi_Master I’m glad I asked first before posting.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.