Can my edge 2.0 run on a Nuprol 11.1v 2000MAH LI-ION battery?

eprosser08

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, fairly new to airsoft and i was wondering, i recently picked up a Specna Arms sa-e07 Edge 2.0 but i have come to a dilema, i bought a nuprol 11.1v 2000mah li-ion battery but no clue if it’s compatible with it? Help please i dont want a destroyed gun on my first game with it. Thanks all.

IMG_8418.jpeg

IMG_8417.jpeg

IMG_8416.jpeg

IMG_8414.jpeg

Why would you buy a battery before checking if it was compatible? Is there a particular reason you didn't just grab a 7.4V LiPo?

As with a lot of things, the answer to your question is pretty much "it depends."  Not all MOSFETs can handle 11.1V properly, and it could result in over-cycling if you're leaving everything else stock.

It's also worth noting that if you bought it new, a number of retailers say that -- unless they've specified it's ok to use -- putting 11.1V LiPos in a RIF they've said can only handle 7.4V, will void the warranty.

Yeah agree with @L3wisD. It will be ok and give you a better rof( rate of fire).

Regards 

• Supporters

Should be fine. If you experience double-shooting on semi-auto, the active braking feature on your mosfet can deal with that.

Aside, have Nuprol just taped three 18650 li-ion cells together there? 🤔

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Should be fine. If you experience double-shooting on semi-auto, the active braking feature on your mosfet can deal with that.

Does the MOSFET in Specna's have active breaking?    Genuine question.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Does the MOSFET in Specna's have active breaking?    Genuine question.

Yes, it's a full blown Aster basic.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Sweet.  Thanks - might start using them in mine then.

To be clear, the Edge 2.0 has the Aster. The more basic Edge guns have a for-novelty-purposes-only X-ASR which provides nothing but trigger contact protection, and problems.

Oh.   That's what I have the..... Although touch wood, few problems apart from the boy's one shitting itself the other week... Which I put down to a dodgy cable connection rather than an out and out failure. 

• Supporters

The X-ASR will protect the trigger contacts and (probably) provide a low resistance wiring path to the stock motor. Bu that's all that it does, and if you throw in a beefier motor and/or spring, it can pet its lip and refuse to supply the necessary current.  I'd chalk that up to my example of it, except someone else here reported the same issue, so I expect it's a design feature.

The Aster in the 2.0s is a fully featured fire-control system, and those guns represent pretty good value for money considering the price of a standalone Aster.

On 03/07/2023 at 02:38, Rogerborg said:

Here's a better question: Has anyone ever seen an airsoft Li-ion that's NOT 18650s taped together?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

Here's a better question: Has anyone ever seen an airsoft Li-ion that's NOT 18650s taped together?

I'm a lipo Poor, so I hadn't considered it, but it does make sense.  Hmm, I have a box of salvaged 18650s, and I have wire and tape... 🤔

14 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm a lipo Poor, so I hadn't considered it, but it does make sense.  Hmm, I have a box of salvaged 18650s, and I have wire and tape... 🤔

Try 'em if ya got 'em. But no real reason to over LiPos.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.