Tokyo Marui Spas metal kit (steel)

Pupa2794

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Currently working on a 2 piece Spas 12 set. 

It'll be the heat shield and the sleeve style body of the reciever, so may also interest aliens builds. 

Prototype will be ready potentially Friday, but just gauging interest? 

Looking to do 10-15 of them, though will be keeping 3 back for personal use. 

Can either supply as clean bare metal or painted.

Material will be steel. 

(I work at a sheet metal fabrication firm) 

Edited by Pupa2794

This is still in the works being modelled to go through the laser cutter. Actual work comes first and foreigners come second, obviously. 

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely interested for my tm

On 17/05/2023 at 13:14, Pupa2794 said:

Currently working on a 2 piece Spas 12 set. 

It'll be the heat shield and the sleeve style body of the reciever, so may also interest aliens builds. 

Prototype will be ready potentially Friday, but just gauging interest? 

Looking to do 10-15 of them, though will be keeping 3 back for personal use. 

Can either supply as clean bare metal or painted.

Material will be steel. 

(I work at a sheet metal fabrication firm) 

will they be painted the same colour as the original?

Cheers

Mark

• Supporters

Yea Id sit up and pay attention at least.

On 07/06/2023 at 13:05, Mookster63 said:

will they be painted the same colour as the original?

Cheers

Mark

I'd look to supply as bare metal, just oiled. 

Then they can be blued or painted depending on the finish wanted, the one in Leeds Royal armouries is blued. 

I know they were available painted and blued. 

I've been away for a week or so and gonna do a little more tomorrow. The heat shields will be done before the bodies. 

What sort of price are you thinking of?

11 hours ago, THE FNG said:

What sort of price are you thinking of?

Roughly £150 for a heatshield, £50 for the reciever. 

It's genuinely quite a complicated piece from a manufacturing perspective. It looks simple but it isn't. 

If I can do them cheaper, I will. 

But it'll be a one time batch of these. 

On 06/06/2023 at 10:53, BigStew said:

Would be interested in a heat shield to fit in my pulse rifle.

I do want a pulse rifle. I want a pair to fit to a pulse rifle I haven't even purchased and to a Spas 12 I've only got a stock for currently, but I have a sheriff heat shield which fits the marui and is made from mild steel, modified (very, very lightly) to fit the marui which is the reference. 

As it makes more sense to do a run of them using a whole sheet of steel hence producing a bunch. 

Colour me interested! I would certainly be wanting one of these for my PR build as well 😎

It's been my experience that RS heat-shields and other Spas12 stuff, even replicas, are like gold-dust nowadays. 

2 hours ago, CoCost said:

Colour me interested! I would certainly be wanting one of these for my PR build as well 😎

It's been my experience that RS heat-shields and other Spas12 stuff, even replicas, are like gold-dust nowadays. 

I think a lot got chopped up already for pulse rifles.

I don't think I'll have any issues selling the excess. 

I'll post an update when they've gone through the laser cutter, and they'll have to be pressed and welded but won't be doing pre orders or deposit ect as frankly we may fuck a couple up in the process and I'm not exact on how many I'll have other than 15 ish. 

2 hours ago, TierOne said:

Pictures?

Currently only in a format to be fed through the laser cutter. 

Then stamping/forming, then to welding. 

Once they've gone through laser they'll be done pretty rapidly but we've just a lot on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Doing copper stuff, have been for a a while and will be for at least a few more days. I've had a few messages about them, I will update when lasered.

Then when welded, then folded then final weld. 

Then I'll give them a coat of grey, whether you want to strip them or repaint is up to you. 

Will try and get the reciever drawn up tomorrow thought at least some progress will be made again. 

They've been lasered. 

If you want one pop me a message as there will be 12 available. 

They'll be £180 each. 

I haven't done the recievers yet. 

11 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

This thread is worthless without pics!! 😂

I know, I'm not even in work the boss has just text me. I've literally got one pic of the sheriff next to a forming machine. I have to be really careful with pics as its a massive no no. 

We're making some interesting stuff for energy companies atm. 

I don't operate the laser, no idea how it works, and it's not an area I'm keen on doing as its a bit hands off but more mauling. 

Anyway, they're still needing to be formed and welded. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just to be clear I'm not interested in taking money till they're done @TierOne

A couple of people have offered, they want to be in my hand and done with an exact quantity. 

The first lasering actually showed up a couple of errors so the models been redone. 

However, first run of these (i will be able to do batches) are going to be slightly simplified and targeted at pulse rifle owners, because the market for those is bigger-it means an airsoft shotgun can be fitted AND the RPF is another good place to sell. 

Also some tooling needs to be made to make a couple of the details with these, for example the rear sight mount area, details which are not needed for a pulse rifle build. 

It's just taking longer than I thought, but I now have a better understanding of why sometimes we see a company float an idea and it takes sometimes years to appear. 

From my perspective, people don't tend to want to part with 120 usd for the stock for an airsoft Marui. 

To kick this off, something which I hope will carry on, I have just decided it makes more sense to go down the pulse rifle route first. I can then adapt from there if there's enough interest. 

I've got a few bits in the pipeline, a couple of VG volksrifles I really fancy doing a few of. 

Reproducing some colt NPC grip mounts, I've got access to one and they're rocking horse shit now but would be a very easy thing to replicate with works tooling. 

I think a JAC AR18 metal reciever is also very possible. Again, I've got one to copy. 

But baby steps, for now and evidently nothings going to be particularly quick. 

Edited by Pupa2794

I think that the market for the actual SPAS 12 would be more lucrative, everyone I know is fed up with lightweight plastic ones. there is a lot of interest in a more realistic weapon, I have seen many SPAS 12's on skirmishes but no once come across anyone with a Pulse rifle, so it a shame that you are going to manufacture for these first.

I have bought the foldign stock and hook from Ocatagon and it really sets it off well, just need the metal handgurd and happy days, metal reciever a bonus but not as critical

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.