Newbie just a thanks for adding me

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there I haven't been to any Airsoft events I've seen a few on YouTube they look fun so will be going to one soon.

Anyway thanks for adding me 🙂

Welcome, welcome, lots to read on here for newbies. Know where your local sites are yet?

Thanks and not yet there's a couple of sites but not 100'/. Wether there still running also I'd be on my own as all my mates are either skint or just plain sad lol

Welcome, as others have said there's loads of useful information for new players here. There's nothing wrong with turning up alone as most airsofters are a friendly bunch and won't bite.

Just a heads up that the vast majority of airsoft youtube videos don't really give a realistic insight into games as they're usually heavily edited. Even the better ones should be considered little more than highlights

I'm learning quite a bit off posts and won't be running around anywhere near as fast as some of the YouTube guys lol I will soon get the nickname "slow moving target" 😂

One of the great things about this hobby is that you can play at the pace you want (or your body will allow😁). Let the youngsters and those jacked up on monster charge around and draw fire so you know where to shoot 

• Supporters
On 06/05/2023 at 20:48, Jeff1969 said:

I will soon get the nickname "slow moving target"

That's actually a decent attitude.  Turn up to get shot, rather than expecting a fantasy YouTube kill ratio, and you'll have a blast.  It is a fun hobby.  If you get a chance, I'd recommend trying both woodland and indoor CQB as they can be quite different experiences.  Filmsim / immersion events are also worth a go, once you've got some experience under your belt.

You'll get a massive adrenaline hit from your first day, and it'll be the bestest hobby ever: just try not to come home and blow mortgage money on buying the bestest toy guns ever, at least not right away. Renting for a couple of months until you have site membership / a UKARA number is a good way to avoid making expensive mistakes.  Spend the time cadging goes with a variety of guns - airsofters really do tend to be a friendly bunch, and we love showing off our toys.

One other thing, if possible make sure you've got the day after off work. You'll ache places you forgot existed, even if you think you're taking it easy.

Edited by Cannonfodder

Welcome Jeff (Same age as me 😉)

Have a look HERE for nearby sites

As said above, get some experience renting before spending too much money.

Buy the essentials like mask, goggles & boots and make do with the basic rental gun.  If you enjoy that experience you'll love it even more when you get your own pew pew.

See what other players use and ask questions if you like anything particular.  Most will be very willing to tell you all about it.

Don't worry about going on your own, many of us did too.  You'll soon meet others on a regular basis and it goes from there.  During play we seldom stick together anyway. 

Welcome! Nothing wrong with going on your own, it’s what I do most of the time.

Sounds like you have the right mindset though and that’s the most important bit.

Definitely spend time renting to sort out UKARA and get a handle on what kind of pew you want to use.

9 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Spend the time cadging goes with a variety of guns

Definitely a good thing, although occasionally not overly wallet-friendly: 

Random chap (mid game) : here, have a go with this, I’m using my pistol for a bit (hands me an MP7)

Me : don’t mind if I do

….. and I’ve just added an MP7 to my collection 😂

On 06/05/2023 at 22:49, Cannonfodder said:

One other thing, if possible make sure you've got the day after off work. You'll ache places you forgot existed, even if you think you're taking it easy.

I will do lol i didn't think about the day after.🤒

13 hours ago, Jeff1969 said:

I will do lol i didn't think about the day after.🤒

Can confirm I would have preferred a day off today!

I have a "work from home on Mondays" policy.  Easily enforced as I'm my own boss; and by god do I need it. 

Thankfully though, the more I play, the shorter the recovery time has become.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.