Change Adverts from "Completed" to "Sold"

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Heya. 

Is it possible that we can make it completely obvious when an item has been sold? I keep getting contacted almost once a week by new users who are unaware that "Completed" means it's probably sold, on stuff I have had for sale some time ago. 

Cheers. 

R

• Supporters

think there was a topic recently about this, vague memories of the judgement being that the forum code didn't support ads expiring or somesuch.

changing "completed" to "sold" would probably fix the issue of new joins contacting members about long sold items

although it might be confusing when the ad is set to "sold" because the seller has withdrawn it only for them to re-list it later. i know i've done that if life stuff means i won't be engaging with the forum for a while and i just want to temporarily "pull" the ad.

• Root Admin

The problem is deeper than making 'complete' listings show as 'sold'. I don't want expired listings to show as 'sold' (which is what this would do). Many people dig through old advertisements and send messages to sellers looking to buy items in the hopes that they may still actually be available. I currently judge it as the lesser of two evils that we might find a sale for our listed items that we've not been able - or forgotten - to relist. Even many months after the fact there is a lot of potential for niche listings to find a buyer.

I understand that this can be annoying for sellers who do stay on top of relisting their items.

What would be required is the ability to show hidden, 'expired' listings and for users to easily mark their items as sold, withdrawn or otherwise even after they are 'expired' (this may already be possible). Additionally some kind of timer on 'expired' listings moving from simply marked 'expired' (perhaps for 7 days) to hidden by default (as mentioned).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.