brands to avoid

hunter511

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ah, Lancer Tactical... normally I dismiss tech advice from Reddit as garbage, as noted above, but there is something to be said for LT.

The V3s/Prolines seem to be pretty good, and, if I'm not mistaken, are OEMed by Lonex.

The V2s on the other hand... some people like them, but I've worked on two so far and both came stock with plastic bushings and off-spec cylinders. The bushing holes were also too small for 8mm and required some filing for regular bushings to fit. The cylinders I thought were fine, until I realized a build was getting PME dreadfully early because the cylinder had so much resistance. Bad shimming, junk motor, nonexistent compression. Not to mention the hop rubber was crazy hard and slick. Now, not every V2 has these problems, since different parts seem to be used based on run and model, but opening up two LT-25s to find the exact same internals left a bad taste in my mouth. Not sure who makes the V2s, other than it being somewhere in China.

14 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Anyone said Bolster Armouries yet?

And they just rolled out this masterpiece - a support gun with no bipod, a mock suppressor but no tracer, an angled foregrip to c-clamp that chonky front end but nothing to help hold it's weight, and a base gun that uses a V2 gearbox and not a support gun platform.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/bolster-armouries-atlas-advanced-support-gun-aeg

All yours for £1499.

I have seen a Bolster Armouries M4 thing in the 'real'. It was merely ok - nothing exceptional. And certainly not worth the wedge of cash it cost.

• Supporters

The spec seems OK, but as always, it's whether the parts actually work together that matters.  But why waste development time on  when you can get a far higher return from buying a purple lightbulb for marketing your next "drop".

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/bolster-armouries

4 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

Ah, Lancer Tactical... normally I dismiss tech advice from Reddit as garbage, as noted above, but there is something to be said for LT.

The V3s/Prolines seem to be pretty good, and, if I'm not mistaken, are OEMed by Lonex.

The V2s on the other hand... some people like them, but I've worked on two so far and both came stock with plastic bushings and off-spec cylinders. The bushing holes were also too small for 8mm and required some filing for regular bushings to fit. The cylinders I thought were fine, until I realized a build was getting PME dreadfully early because the cylinder had so much resistance. Bad shimming, junk motor, nonexistent compression. Not to mention the hop rubber was crazy hard and slick. Now, not every V2 has these problems, since different parts seem to be used based on run and model, but opening up two LT-25s to find the exact same internals left a bad taste in my mouth. Not sure who makes the V2s, other than it being somewhere in China.

Gen3s are rolled out of the same factory as the Novritsch SSR4:

I thought that AIM TOP was the OEM for most of these manufacturers? Lonex has OEM'd for Tippmann (Commando series), BO Dynamics (LT5xx series) and ASG (M15 Proline) off the top of my head.

Maybe they did the Prolines for Lancer too? - the GB's have that Lonex shiny finish.

On 09/05/2023 at 18:47, Skullchewer said:

Anyone said Bolster Armouries yet?

Not even kidding, guy at our site got one, played it for a few weeks, gave it to the site tech to upgrade.

I'm not even surprised.

Airsoft for rich idiots. 

Aye, all that money... definitely Mack's territory.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.