Best aeg pistol

Guy elson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I am starting out as a sniper, I think an aeg might be a better option than gbb as a sidearm.

I would like something with semi and full auto …. The SSE18 / CYMA looks like it fits the bill, but something with a 11 lipo and strong fps would be ideal.

any suggestions?

Strong FPS and 11.1v compatibility does not exist with AEPs. They almost always do 230 FPS and use 7.2v lipos at most. Limitations of the platform. If you want what you want electric, get a small MP5K rifle. 

Edited by Asomodai

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Asomodai said:

get a small MP5K

/thread.

AEPs do work, and with a 7.4V lipo (and mosfet) the response and ROF isn't awful.  But you'll see under 0.5J, and while you can put in stronger springs, there's only a tiny cylinder volume to work with.

I find that an SMG or small carbine using a full size V2/V3 gearbox offers far more capability than an AEP, and I run my MP5K about 50/50 with my BASR.

That said, a GBB pistol is great fun.  It depends on weather and site.

11 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

/thread.

AEPs do work, and with a 7.4V lipo (and mosfet) the response and ROF isn't awful.  But you'll see under 0.5J, and while you can put in stronger springs, there's only a tiny cylinder volume to work with.

I find that an SMG or small carbine using a full size V2/V3 gearbox offers far more capability than an AEP, and I run my MP5K about 50/50 with my BASR.

That said, a GBB pistol is great fun.  It depends on weather and site.

Pretty much this. If you get a good one they're decent, but the power and range will always be a bit lacklustre. My TM mp7 will float .25s out to 45m and fires around 0.6J, but that's it and it's much larger than most AEPs. AEPs with a 7.4v lipo and a mosfet will do the job, but as I said in the other thread, you'll find a lot of people won't take the hits on semi because they simply won't feel it as they don't hit hard at half a joule and lightweight ammo. There's a reason not many people use AEPs.

If you want something reliable for all weathers, I'd get a small SMG like an mp5k and run it on a sling

• Supporters

As above, mp5k is awesome, & there's loads of options for securing them, real steel & Airsoft. 

If your adamant on a battery powered sidearm option, the K is the most versatile out there. 

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Here's one I memed earlier.

image.thumb.png.0a79a911eeee46c53a540b3d9279074e.png

I feel so superior now, my first aeg was a K😜

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.