New/used pistol recommendations?

Favoritas

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, currently using KWA 1911 Mark 1 pistol on green gas as a secondary weapon, and really not pleased with it. You can load mag around 22 bbs, and shoot only up to 10 bbs max, which is not ideal for me.  

Looking for your recommendations from your experience. 

Is this a recent thing? Temperature drop means gas efficency will be down and once it gets down to single digits a lot of pistols will be next to useless. Simple answer is something Tokyo marui they have the best design/quality control and being mainly plastic they are much more gas efficient than the metal clones. If you want a 1911 the M45A1 is the most recent TM design and has very good efficiency for a single stack. I personal rate the HK45 Tactical. It's a double stack mag so large gas capacity. Grip is adjustable depending on hand size, controls are ambi, comes with a threaded barrel so can fit a pistol tracer. If you want to go cheap the AAP-01 is really good value for money and has massive after market support. They do gave a reputation for breaking though.

5 minutes ago, BigStew said:

They do gave a reputation for breaking though.

Yes, if you go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT on the highest pressure gas you can find, like most plebs people do :D

I second TM pistols, they just run and run and run, provided you feed them the right gas for the environment (green gas in winter, duster/1.0 in summer).

AAPs are fun and inexpensive, however don't go mad on full auto unless you plan on replacing the hammer set with a CowCow.

I guess that's KWA for you.

I had a KWA G19 that had roughly the same performance, out of a full magazine (25 rounds if I'm not mistaken) it could fire about 10 before running out of gas, and that was in summer when it's 30°+ here.

Just now, Favoritas said:

I was looking some reviews and I was very surprised when I saw Novritsch SSX23, from one gas refill you can get around 150 shots 

Lies.

When I had the SSX I could barely get two mags worth from a single gas fill (that's 50 bbs). TM Mk23s can easily push 80/90 shots from a single fill because well, TM and tolerances and shit.

1 hour ago, Favoritas said:

I have tried it at home. House temperature, on average, is 20 Celsius and the max that I can get from 2 magazines is 8bbs per mag. 

Yeah that's not right. Have you cleaned and lubed it? Might be causing issues 

2 hours ago, Favoritas said:

Hi everyone, currently using KWA 1911 Mark 1 pistol on green gas as a secondary weapon, and really not pleased with it. You can load mag around 22 bbs, and shoot only up to 10 bbs max, which is not ideal for me.  

Looking for your recommendations from your experience. 

1911s have notoriously low gas reservoirs because the magazines are so small. 10 BBs max sounds like you have issues though, as in a warm environment you should be in the 20s. As to what to replace it with should you want to get a new pistol, my recommendations are basically any TM, whichever flavour you like most, and keep it totally stock; the only time I advise tinkering with pistols is if they're broken, or if you're using it as a primary / have an MED that means you'll be using it a lot, so need that peak performance.

Only exceptions are the 1911 as it still has small mags, but should cycle through one because plastic slide is efficient, and some of the older m9 versions I've heard can be a bit rubbish.

I’ll suggest something a little different… I’ve just got myself a Cybergun Canik TP9 and that seems to be pretty good on gas even with the temperature coming down.

Seems to be capable of singling at least 2 full mags before it runs out of juice. 

I’ve never had the low bb firing count from a KWA/KSC Glock with a single gas fill.  But most of mine were old ones.

*Hand up as a Glock fanboy and I’ve owned many, many airsoft versions*

I will not disagree with Skara as KWA have had issues. 🤨

One of my favourites of all time is the TM “basic” 1911. Just very shooty.

KJ work Glock for isn’t bad. I have a TM M9 as a sidearm but it’s to match the loadout. Always found the grip a bit fat.

Really what do you like the look of? As a back up you don’t really need huge performance. Go for easy use. Is your holster specific?

TM Sig226r was my main skirmish pistol for many years , had a full Guarder build for the summer and a completely stock TM bar a threaded barrel for the winter . No complaints on the performance of either.

i sold the guarder one when I finished up

playing but kept the stock one , I’d say I’ve had that for over 10years at a guess and only recently put that into a guarder kit :)

mostly stock internals , that says a lot about a TM pistol to me ;)

AEBAA81C-A962-4ADF-8F5F-8D8D888F6559.thumb.jpeg.a4ef48cb8bc776944a22a9db8f3b454d.jpeg

FA68022C-A116-47D2-B57A-4BA1CE5B138F.thumb.jpeg.dc60d260655923b79b1513f4b9839e58.jpeg

B535A0DB-1227-47E8-82BD-E3D1F3822A57.thumb.jpeg.f8aa38a7f654c44942060ef3dc47793a.jpeg

Edited by JimFromHorsham

On 02/11/2022 at 11:00, Favoritas said:

I was looking some reviews and I was very surprised when I saw Novritsch SSX23, from one gas refill you can get around 150 shots 

No chance, total BS

@Favoritas You’ll get as many answers as there are pistols.

Just buy a TM FNX. Optic ready, 30 bb capacity, will shoot easily on red gas in the middle of winter without breaking, will range to 80m with .4 bb’s.

It’s large but a comfortable grip, and a bit ugly, but so far the best pistol I’ve owned. I’ve owned a lot of pistols lol.

I just bought a CANiK TP9, currently evaluating that, striker fired and works as well as the FNX in cold temps

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.