Best option for a shotgun sling?

Apharmd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, hoping someone can help me with this.

I just got a SPAS-12 for a game on the 6th November, and am looking for a shotgun sling with shell holder. I have 13 shells to use.

There's one by some company called "Boosteady" on Amazon, but there's some reviews that say it's not that great. If anyone's used them, I'd like to know.

There's one I've seen by G&P, but it looks like it was meant for their old mag-fed shotguns and only has 6-7 slots for mags.

I have seen a Blackhawk one, but I can't find anyone nearby that has it in stock, so I might have to make an order through Brownells.

Are those my best options? I'd appreciate any advice.

• Supporters

Shotgun slings are much the same, not ideal as they tend to move/flop about making grabbing shells fiddly, especially if your on the move. 

Much better to have a shell panel or pouch on your person so you gain some muscle memory in use, like any other mag pouch, or consider a shotgun belt system if you don't want to mess with your vest rig. 

Also recommend a small dump pouch for ditching "empties", otherwise their small size & weight is piss easy to lose if shoving in pockets etc. 

I'd echo the above.  Stock or body mounted shell holders and simple sling with dump pouch of some kind.  

That's the thing - I'm using it in a costume game where I don't have a vest on. I have a dump pouch and a speedloader, but that's about it.

I was hoping to use a sling holder to reduce what I have on my belt. Sorry, should have mentioned it before.

Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll look into them for using with a vest.

• Supporters

I can't get to my kit at the mo, but one thing I do have is a couple of molle "handbags", all my load carrying kit is primarily black or od, irrespective of the camo I'm wearing, these bags have molle on one side, couple of rows on the ends, & molle with straps for attaching to a vest or bergen, I removed the attachment straps so it gives me molle platforms on both sides. 

Regular mag pouches on the front, usually shingles or tacos that'll take a variety of size mags, on the bag panel I have a large shotgun shell panel, elasticated to take 18 shells I think, so if I switch weapons during games, all I need to do is take the bag off, rotate it 180 & put it back on, hey presto loadout change. 

The couple of rows at each end of the bags have a twin pistol mag pouch on one end & a twin 40mm pouch on the other that takes my reusable grenades. 

I'll try to find a pic of the bag on ebay.? 

• Supporters

I go in fully armed, e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304148616569 (although obviously in the best colour, beige).

s-l1600.jpg

8 on the arm, 1 in the gun, that leaves 4 in your pocket. In the unlikely event that you do get through 9 shells, it doesn't take long to switch in 4 new ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of the above (less than half the price too)

Two of these, stuck together by attaching the two adhesive Velcro strips back to back, then Velcro the loops on so as it looks the same

I run two of these , and a shell speed loader when (I can be arsed) to run my shotty 😁

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192754121958?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=uUkTVYfdTBe&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=-koyolnatnq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

E83A8AD7-881E-4E80-BB96-57BB917F45EB.thumb.jpeg.339d380fe92bddcb24733e802d17ffb9.jpeg

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

ÎI use one of the arm things Rogerborg posted about. The only negative I've found is that occasionally when gong prone shells can be slowly pushed out if you're not careful. 

My 870 doesn't have slung mounts so I ended up tieing a piece of bungee cord from the trigger guard to the muzzle, using the front sight post to hold it in place. Alternatively if you have a longer barrel model you can buy molle or sling mounts which clamp onto the outer barrel 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.