Mtp but darker, greener......

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yes, it is called DPM...or whatever but this thread is going to be renamed soon enough as "crazy s#it I have done with kit because I'm cheap/inventive....

I have signed on for a battlesim/milsim/larp event. Like many of these events it has a kit list..the team I have singed on for is DPM/m81/penicot, you know the green ones

My current "go-to" gear (and havent skirmished with out since getting it is an MTP 'grab bag'. As some know, this kinda event often has loose kit guides rather than stitch counting however, another of the teams kit is very much mtp and the brown/khaki uniform.

All of that has lead me here, with my basket loaded with many green hand dyes....and possible regrets.

I will of course update

Also - what have you folk botched/Gerry rigged/ found creative solutions for?

• Supporters

Rit dyemore ???? 

If guys on here have used it to dye plastic pistol slides it should work with more "material" based plastics/nylons. 

So what I'm getting is be wary of which green I choose....

On 12/08/2022 at 11:04, Tommikka said:

or the easier option would be to buy some DPM

You would think so wouldn't you?

I cannot find a dpm grab bag. I have mtp kit that I have written of so am up for trying crazy stuff that might make a mess of it, oh well, it's only mtp

How big does it need to be be? I keep my bangy things in a seperate bag and use an old S10 respirator bag. They're quite easy to pick for about a tenner 

1st off, I have the dyes....

2nd I found an eBay DPM "grab bag" looks smaller than the mtp issue.

It's only 15lt but has multi pockets...

IMG_20220815_232607.jpg

See if you can get a Dutch small kit bag.  It's about 40L I'd guess, and made from their Gortex substitute.  I've kept my spare kit in one for years and it's 99% close to British DPM.  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.