Double eagle Noveske n4 - MWS clone

Wavey_Gravey

Got my hands on one today…feels a bit “limp” compared to the marui counterpart.

Charging handle has a lot of play, everything is bone dry, the springs are twanging like mad, stock / grip are nasty cheap.

BUT, the externals are lovely, markings are nice and deep, tiny bit of fettling I think these are a steal. 

Mag is surprisingly ok, fills fine and will clear 2 runs on semi. GM mags work much better (obviously).

The only concern I have, the nozzle seal is a bit shit so we’ll see how that beds in over a few 100 rounds.

8 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Got my hands on one today…feels a bit “limp” compared to the marui counterpart.

Charging handle has a lot of play, everything is bone dry, the springs are twanging like mad, stock / grip are nasty cheap.

BUT, the externals are lovely, markings are nice and deep, tiny bit of fettling I think these are a steal. 

Mag is surprisingly ok, fills fine and will clear 2 runs on semi. GM mags work much better (obviously).

The only concern I have, the nozzle seal is a bit shit so we’ll see how that beds in over a few 100 rounds.

Thanks for the first impressions. Where did you get it? Seems hard to find in stock, most UK retailers are awaiting stock/pre-order.  I'm trying to convince myself that I can deal with the downsides as it does look the business, but thinking just spend more at the beginning to get a VFC (although I'll likely have to import one, which I've not done before). 

12 hours ago, Haligonian said:

Thanks for the first impressions. Where did you get it? Seems hard to find in stock, most UK retailers are awaiting stock/pre-order.  I'm trying to convince myself that I can deal with the downsides as it does look the business, but thinking just spend more at the beginning to get a VFC (although I'll likely have to import one, which I've not done before). 

I was poking around last night and a couple of shops have pre-order eta's at the end of this week, so maybe the wholesaler is getting a delivery imminently?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little follow up, having greased up the return and buffer springs, the nasty twangs have gone.

Took out the trigger box which was so ridiculously easy, cleared off the existing much and replaced that, I know have a lovely clean break, much better than the marui stock box.

Getting a good seal with guns modify PMAGs, fitment in the magwell is actually very nice, tighter than the stock mag, bumps up the fps a tad.

Next I will be replacing the nub with, keeping the standard bucking for now to see how she goes, in its current form lifting .3’s seems to be no issue (haven’t got anything heavier at the moment)

Has anybody done anything to theirs they’re happy with? Might try modding the catch on the charging handle as that occasionally flys back.

20 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

well that esculated quickly....

All the mags I have (DE, GM and TM) all work fine however the gas routers on the DE seem stiffer than the GM router. Might try some GM gas routers in the DE mag to try to make them better. Only internal mod is a Flamingo hop rubber in both.

I've got a RA Tech NPAS here which I might pair with a longer inner barrel to try to increase accuracy at range but keep the Joules down.

image.thumb.jpeg.27f9fdfd89513d253c4ff2b5519cbdef.jpeg

As the saying goes; Two is One, and One is None.

2 hours ago, cart3rlfc said:

Anyone know of anywhere these are still in stock? Or anyone selling 😅

How we all finding them?

They all seem out of stock. Basically they were available from a few importers but then one distributor managed to get a batch very very cheap ( which is why the retail price suddenly dropped) and now none of the original importers will touch them as there is no margin left and the importer that got a batch cheap don't have any left.

I picked up a couple with the intention to do some project guns but if I decide against it I'll put them in the classifieds here still new in box

On 15/10/2023 at 22:16, 1st commando said:

They all seem out of stock. Basically they were available from a few importers but then one distributor managed to get a batch very very cheap ( which is why the retail price suddenly dropped) and now none of the original importers will touch them as there is no margin left and the importer that got a batch cheap don't have any left.

I picked up a couple with the intention to do some project guns but if I decide against it I'll put them in the classifieds here still new in box

Thanks! Yes let me know if you decide to sell on! I did end up purchasing one from high pressure Airsoft who seemed to get some in stock, but it's gen 1, with like a solid mag, a tan A2 grip and some odd looking stock 😓 so I'm going to be sending it back for a refund and wait out for a gen 2 

18 minutes ago, cart3rlfc said:

Thanks! Yes let me know if you decide to sell on! I did end up purchasing one from high pressure Airsoft who seemed to get some in stock, but it's gen 1, with like a solid mag, a tan A2 grip and some odd looking stock 😓 so I'm going to be sending it back for a refund and wait out for a gen 2 

The gas only ever been one generation of the DE one so no idea what that is. Drop me a message mate

I ran mine in anger today and it worked flawlessly. Only issue is 1 of the DE mags has developed a leak. range was about 45 meters but not the best accuracy due to the short inner barrel. This wasn't really an issue as it was a CQB site so ranges tended to be 2 to 35 meters.

Temperature was about 15C today and I was getting at least 1 full mag without running out of gas on the DE, TM and GM mags.

Overall, very impressed with this GBB. If a N4 isn't your preferred M4 style then keep you eyes out for different M4 models coming from DE as they tend to push out other variants of successful rifles (DE90X series for instance and if DE are reading this then a KS-1 or a 416 would be nice).

KS1 would be mega. That and a carry handle variant next please DE 😁

What kind of FPS output were you getting? Chrono’d mine yesterday on site, was hot even in this weather.

3 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

I was getting around 308 FPS using 0.25 tracer BB's which is about 1.1 joules.

Crikey mines way hot I’m comparison, 312 on 0.32 😅

15 hours ago, 1st commando said:

You will probably find it's similar if you used 0.25s like he did. 0.32g certainly adds some energy

I’ll have to try some lighter beebs.

New version of these with a black Noveske bolt apparently hitting the shelves now, eliminating the “gap” left by the silver bolt.

8 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

I’ll have to try some lighter beebs.

New version of these with a black Noveske bolt apparently hitting the shelves now, eliminating the “gap” left by the silver bolt.

That's the "Taiwan gun spec" version that doesn't have the magpul style furniture and pmag.

• 5 months later...

Picked mine up last weekend. Feels and looks great, not very efficient on gas (only running green gas so might have been to cold) and I'm pretty sure I got one of the newer gens with the new black, noveske branded bolt.

Barely hops .3s, so tomorrow I'm sticking in a longer barrel, autobot bucking, omega nub, evo lightweight bolt and ra-tech npas.