Maple leaf hop unit worth it for we Glock?

Schnitz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all!

I recently picked up a we eu19x and whilst it feels nice and cycles nicely, the accuracy is absolutely awful. You'd be lucky to hit a person from 15-20m away. I have heard that we Glock hop up units are awful and the tensioner arm is too weak which causes the wild lateral flyers. I only really got it for a backup gun to bring to my cqb site but it's unskirmishable in it's current state.

Does anyone have any experience with the maple leaf hop up set (with the crazyjet)? Or am I better off just saving up for a tm?

Thank you

Have you disassembled the unit, cleaned the barrel and wiped any excess grease off the bucking? The standard setup should be fine to hop 0.20's 30M or so. If still no success, change just the rubber first.

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

I chrono'd it at a game last week at roughly 290-310 with .25's and it was relatively consistent. I have taken apart the hop up unit and given it a clean. The nozzle end of the bucking was a bit squashed inside the hop up unit housing. Having sorted that it did improve slightly but still having some wild flyers off to the right 

Edited by Schnitz

Maybe pick-up just the arm and an I key. Possible a new hop rubber too. You don't want to buy a tightbore barrel and increase past 310, then not be able to use it.

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

You don't want to buy a tightbore barrel and increase past 310, then not be able to use it.

If your site chronos green gas pistols.  Mk23s point-blanking at near-DMR energies is a pet peeve of mine.

I have the Maple Leaf hop unit in my 1911 and it's great. Assuming the hop unit is good, I always get a Maple Leaf rubber (typically autobot, 60 or 70 degree as I don't like 50) and a Hadron H-plate, then usually get a Maple Leaf Crazy Jet barrel or a Nineball 6.03 tightbore because I like stainless steel barrels. The only difference is I get the Maple Leaf I-key instead of the H-plate if I'm using the Maple Leaf hop unit like in my 1911 as it works better with the Maple Leaf hop arm and how it's designed/shaped.

These setups, usually give me a pistol that will range most AEGs while keeping below the 1.1J limit for pistols, which is very helpful as a sneaky-beaky bush monster as I sometimes feel like I'm running pistol primary, sniper rifle secondary. With this I'll typically run .32s in all my pistols with this setup, because I believe any heavier in a pistol is a dick move. Yes, I'm looking at you guys with your mk23s loaded with .48s...

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

If your site chronos green gas pistols.  Mk23s point-blanking at near-DMR energies is a pet peeve of mine.

You're right, I get that most pistols are naturally below 350 but stick red gas inside one of those "John Wick" Hi-Capa's on a 25C day and I'd be very surprised if you're not talking the same kinda power too.

The TM G19 has a pretty weak hop arm too. My go to bucking for pistols is a 50 degree flamingo.

Hello all

Just an FYI. The last release of maple-leaf buckings are total shit. I had one in a VSR and it completely feel apart after about 150 shots ( probably less ).
I had one in a Stoner LMG and its airseal was a joke from the get go.

Someone told me they had changed the material or i was just unlucky with both i got. 

The Gspec was a 50 and the AEG was a 60 

Anyone else experienced this?

Op you might find putting in another bucking fixes your issue. 

4 hours ago, Schnitz said:

Thank you everyone! I think I'll try the arm, ikey and a 60° autobot (have one in my aap01 and its outstanding). If that doesn't work it'll give me more justification to buy a Tokyo marui 👀

I've intentionally made some of your post bold, you're already running a pistol that will leave the WE Glock in the shade for accuracy and gas efficiency. Like you I run a 60 degree Autobot in my AAP-01 and it happily hops 0.28's and is more than good enough a side arm to my DMR and get hits when I need to get up close and can be accurate to 30m or so.

My son has both an AAP-01 and WE EU17 G4, and yes the kick from the EU17 is lovely (although I've had to replace the blow back unit recently as it cracked, running Nuprol 3.0 probably doesn't help), but as a tool for flinging plastic balls at people the AAP-01 in my opinion leaves it in the dust.

Personally I'd rather buy the CNC hop-up unit for the AAP-01 and be flinging heavier balls of plastic and giving people nasty surprises 😈

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.