500mm inner barrel

KarlosM15

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is a decent hop rubber and nub:

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs/maple-leaf-macaron-60-nub

Can't comment on barrels as I normally just switch the rubber and leave it at that. Its such a cheap and effective upgrade. 

Edited by Daveoc33
Grammar

I don't know if many companies do a 500mm with the correct cut for normal AEGs, as 500mm are typically m14 barrels which have a weird hop unit. I think ZCI are hybrid cut, but if you don't want a ZCI barrel, I'd look at 509mm barrels instead as they're far more plentiful with the correct hop up cuts.

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

Why do you need a 500mm inner barrel bud?

looks like that's the stock length for his gun, which tbf is generally a good starting point.

as @Impulse suggested, going a little either side is fine (9mm longer ain't gonna be too visible in the flash hider).

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

looks like that's the stock length for his gun, which tbf is generally a good starting point.

as @Impulse suggested, going a little either side is fine (9mm longer ain't gonna be too visible in the flash hider).

ZCI do a 494mm that is in stock at @ak2m4 https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/inner-barrels/zci-inner-barrel-494mm That would be my choice.

21 hours ago, KarlosM15 said:

Arthurian M16m203

I wonder what sort of cylinder that ships with as stock 🤔

And like others have said maybe going to a 509mm would be a easier? (and if you've got mega buck you could go with a PDI one, and get the benefit of a Maple Leaf MR bucking fitting nicely in the cut out).

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

and if you've got mega buck you could go with a PDI one, and get the benefit of a Maple Leaf MR bucking fitting nicely in the cut out

as much as i'm a fan of the pdi barrels, you really need to have the rest of the system perfectly dialed in before it's going to be a noticeable difference compared to the likes of the ZCI, and the ZCI's are much cheaper.

Unless you're fine-tuning the build with some incredible granularity (we're talking the "the only thing stock are the externals" type builds), I agree with @Adolf Hamster. PDI aren't worth the investment and ZCI are both fantastic and cheap. In terms of hop rubber I prefer the macaron over the MR rubber myself as I find it more consistent, plus the macaron contact patch has no issues with barrels. ZCI barrel, Maple Leaf 60 or 70 degree macaron and an omega nub is all you need

14 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

I wonder what sort of cylinder that ships with as stock 🤔

I did wonder this as well.  I've never seen an E&C with a closed cylinder before, they don't advertise it in their catalog either which is why the 500mm inner barrel threw me a little.  @KarlosM15 let us know when you fit the new inner barrel will you please.

• 4 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.