Just purchased my first Pistol/airsoft gun, thoughts?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Picked up my first pistol today from Bomb Up in Warrington, I do not have my UKARA defence and figured, why bother getting a two tone to then paint over it once I have secured my defence when I could get this!

Speaking to a few guys in the shop that were really helpful, with this being recommended as a great weapon all round. Would be interested to hear peoples thoughts and from anyone who owns one also :)

Pics below:

20220422_163752.jpg

20220422_163820.jpg

20220422_163846.jpg

Mmm...

I guess the upside is that if you loose it during a game then it should be easy to find.

I think I'd rather it stay lost though 😉

Regards

27 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

It's a WE with a fancy paint job. Sorry but an extra £75 for it being painted is a bit of a piss take imo 

Certainly priced high for what it is I can agree with you on that! The way I look at it is whilst its extra for just a paint job, it also saves me getting a gun, two-toning and then painting again later

15 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Mmm...

I guess the upside is that if you loose it during a game then it should be easy to find.

I think I'd rather it stay lost though 😉

Regards

Hahahaha it's certainly an acquired taste mate 😂

14 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Good fun , which is all airsoft should be about , if your happy then I’m happy :)

My thoughts exactly mate, cheers! 🙂

9 minutes ago, SussexMatt said:

You do you! 

Not one for me but as long as you enjoy using it then go for your life buddy. 

Thank you mate! If we all had the same bog standard black glock 17 it'd be a bit boring wouldn't it? It certainly is a talking point which for me is always good (providing its not a talking point because its utter s**** that is 😂)

Don't get me wrong, WE Glocks aren't bad guns but personally I would've waited till I've got my defence sorted. 

At the end of the day its your gun, so the only person who's opinion matters is you

2 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Don't get me wrong, WE Glocks aren't bad guns but personally I would've waited till I've got my defence sorted. 

At the end of the day its your gun, so the only person who's opinion matters is you

Appreciate your honesty mate, we'll find out if I end up regretting buying it soon I'm sure 😂

• Supporters

patiently awaiting my UKARA defence

Well, you lasted longer than I did. :D

Buying a pistol while you're renting an AEG is pretty sensible (in airsoft terms). You'll spend far more than that on far less if you stick with airsoft, it'll work fine, and you've got something a bit different from the default Big Black Glock.  I'd call that a win.

Aside, the first time I played, I was a bit nervous that it would all be serious geardos and Walts playing, but there was one mad lad in a pretty decent Deadpool costume which reassured me that airsoft really is just a fun game for overgrown kids.

2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Well, you lasted longer than I did. :D

Buying a pistol while you're renting an AEG is pretty sensible (in airsoft terms). You'll spend far more than that on far less if you stick with airsoft, it'll work fine, and you've got something a bit different from the default Big Black Glock.  I'd call that a win.

Aside, the first time I played, I was a bit nervous that it would all be serious geardos and Walts playing, but there was one mad lad in a pretty decent Deadpool costume which reassured me that airsoft really is just a fun game for overgrown kids.

I'm amazed I lasted this long tbh!

I'm going to be attending a local pistol club fairly regularly so I figured why not purchase one now given i will likely only use it their anyway, maybe as a sidearm in the future if I venture into DMR's.

And that's exactly why I got it tbh mate, something a bit different and I like to think I don't take myself or this hobby too seriously, and I am a big kid and nerd at heart 😂

I doubt you'll regret buying it even if it does turn out to be a bit crap. My Well MP7 is great fun because of how shit it is. Seriously, I could throw a handful of bbs further than it shoots 

1 minute ago, Karl Serjeant said:

I'm amazed I lasted this long tbh!

Said the bishop to the choir boy 

10 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I doubt you'll regret buying it even if it does turn out to be a bit crap. My Well MP7 is great fun because of how shit it is. Seriously, I could throw a handful of bbs further than it shoots 

Said the bishop to the choir boy 

FFS 😂 was only a matter of time

My first pistol was a WE Glock

It worked in colder temperatures 

never spat its guts out, and worked when I needed it to at critical close moments when using my AEG was simply “unfriendly” 😂

A decent starter pistol. I enjoyed mine and added fibre optic sights to it to make it a bit different and mine

getting a holster is easy as there are so many options for it

As to the styling, not my cuppa - but it’s not mine

Enjoy it with the knowledge that you have bought a reasonably solid workhorse👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.