SCAMMER strikes again.... STEVE GLENNIE

Jack91

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

30 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Self-QFT.  It's fun to fantasise, especially in a group while imbued with righteous zeal, but consider the end point, and whether you're really prepared to go there.  I'm not, and while I wouldn't say one word of criticism against anyone who did, neither would I incite it, because "Let's you and him fight" is... antiheroic.

Yeah, very true.  I'm not going to go to prison (or even court, or even a police station) for that twat, but would never shed a tear for him if he got his just desserts from someone who had nothing to lose, and dispensed some DIY 'justice'...

I'm a bit of a ferret on the interwebs...

I'd say that Steve, Stevie, Stephen James Glennie's profile on facebook is fake... BUT stranger things have happened. All their posts may be private for friends only.

His profile says he is a sous chef at the:
Malone Lodge and Hotel, 
60 Eglantine Ave,
Malone Rd,
Belfast BT9 6DY

Their phone number is 028 9038 8000 ask for Stevie and see what happens.

I'd call them to ask to speak to and describe him in his profile picture say nothing of airsoft or owing you anything, when they ask what it's concerning, claim to be a prospective employer wanting to employ him, you only have this number for him and need to know when he can start... 

Then if he does work there, I'd try employ a friend to also call asking for Stephen James Glennie and suggest that he is a reporter following up on the theft of money from 2017 as it doesn't appear that his sentence of 300 hours community service was completed... 

It looks like he went to Newcastle on 14th July according to the check in, so pick a hotel in that area and say you are from that hotel.

I'd use 141 to mask your numbers.

I found this from 2017 : https://www.facebook.com/Leadfarmersairsoft/posts/genuinely-cant-believe-this-unbelievable-that-anyone-would-dare-steal-money-from/974083826068706/

I have tried a reverse lookup with the images available. Not much comes up other than the facebook comments from 2017, no other social media is showing up, so its a bit of a dead end with regards to that.

Without knowing his Last Known Address or other details, I can't really find much which is why I call out this as a fake profile, the images may not be real images either, they could be from anywhere.

For someone who is meant to be a Sous Chef, he has no professional profile such as the types of sites like LinkedIN.

I'd say that your best bet is to raise this as a fraud against you with the police, given that there is evidence that he has faced this fraud claim before.

With such a low footprint on the internet, its impossible to find someone who IMHO is using sites and some social media 

Other things I found were

http://www.thedownrecorder.co.uk/pages/?title=Man_stole_charity_donations

https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/lost-souls/3097734-steve-glennie

From what I have seen, he uses Steve, Stevie and Stephen Glennie as his name but found Stephen James Glennie from Dundurm which is in Dublin.

I'd personally never do swaps unless I see the person in the flesh.

You have misspelled it.  Its Dundrum not Dundurm, its outside Belfast on the South Down Coast.  Bit posh for our man Glennie though

Edited by EvilMonkee

13 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

You have misspelled it.  Its Dundrum not Dundurm, its outside Belfast on the South Down Coast.  Bit posh for our man Glennie though

Scammers like to live in nice areas... It fits with the theft and the information I can find, unless someone can friend him, not much hope in seeing if its a genuine profile, which I doubt.

IMHO the OP needs to report this to the police as it is fraud and theft.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sparkles

Hi all, 

I have been following these feeds for quite some time. I unfortunately know Steve Glennie. He actually live right around the corner from me and I see him most days. He has previously scammed one of my close friends out of sentimental belongings and money. I would love for him to be dealt with in the correct manner (as in police) what needs to be done as far as I am aware is that whoever he has scammed (which appears to be many of u) needs to contact our local police station and make a report of him scamming you. Our local station is in Lisburn County Down. I understand the anger that he has caused to all of u, I have felt this myself but I really think that you need to go about this the right way. Hope this will help in some way any information I can give to help everyone I am happy to provide. 

6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Hi all, 

I have been following these feeds for quite some time. I unfortunately know Steve Glennie. He actually live right around the corner from me and I see him most days. He has previously scammed one of my close friends out of sentimental belongings and money. I would love for him to be dealt with in the correct manner (as in police) what needs to be done as far as I am aware is that whoever he has scammed (which appears to be many of u) needs to contact our local police station and make a report of him scamming you. Our local station is in Lisburn County Down. I understand the anger that he has caused to all of u, I have felt this myself but I really think that you need to go about this the right way. Hope this will help in some way any information I can give to help everyone I am happy to provide. 

IMHO he needs a trade to take place and instead of getting someones gear, a bodybag arrives.

9 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Hi all, 

He brings shame on all of us Ulstermen and should be subjected to the traditional treatment of tarring and feathering followed by a swift kneecapping

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.