Dmr ideas

Rory2004

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Any recommendations for a electric dmr base ,I have a budget of £400 for the rif and upgrades (more if my lmg sells) , or any upgrades to go with it within the mentioned budget . pictures of the possible rif bases would be great cheers 

10 hours ago, Rory2004 said:

I have a budget of £400 for the rif and upgrades (more if my lmg sells)

I'll have to work it out, however with my Double Eagle M908A DMR I've probably gone way over £400, things like magnified optics add possibly unexpected high costs (and a few sites expect your DMR to be running them as well). I went for a rifle with a "controller" to get cycle detection so that I don't get jams on semi, the sort that you clear by flipping to auto.

1 hour ago, #blackadder said:

Some sites insist on DMRs being 7.62 . If so I’d suggest an HK G3 .

0BD28242-A2FA-431B-914B-3C103E54E4D2.jpeg

That’s a beautiful rif ngl hope places have it in stock 

19 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

I'll have to work it out, however with my Double Eagle M908A DMR I've probably gone way over £400, things like magnified optics add possibly unexpected high costs (and a few sites expect your DMR to be running them as well). I went for a rifle with a "controller" to get cycle detection so that I don't get jams on semi, the sort that you clear by flipping to auto.

They don’t look to bad tbh but there archived on patrol base 

1 hour ago, #blackadder said:

Some sites insist on DMRs being 7.62 . If so I’d suggest an HK G3 .

0BD28242-A2FA-431B-914B-3C103E54E4D2.jpeg

So would the jing gong be good as there only £140 considering I’m changing the internals should be fine  

26 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

I'll have to work it out, however with my Double Eagle M908A DMR I've probably gone way over £400

This is the thing, good aeg dmr's are expensive to build. And to be honest if you want a dmr by the time you've dumped a shit load of money in it and the life span you get out an aeg dmr you might as well have done some sort of hpa build. 

14 minutes ago, Rory2004 said:

So would the jing gong be good as there only £140 considering I’m changing the internals should be fine  

I have the JG G3 model, it’s quite light making it easy to hump about site all day, works reliably and due to the long barrel length, pretty accurate with good range. 
I haven’t upgraded mine, which I would like to do when I stop buying other silly stuff. All in its a good value for money rif that gets the looks 😉

10 minutes ago, heroshark said:

This is the thing, good aeg dmr's are expensive to build. And to be honest if you want a dmr by the time you've dumped a shit load of money in it and the life span you get out an aeg dmr you might as well have done some sort of hpa build. 

True hpa is a solid shout but I prefer electric for some reason so you would recommend I save more and get a hpa engine ?

3 minutes ago, Rory2004 said:

True hpa is a solid shout but I prefer electric for some reason so you would recommend I save more and get a hpa engine ?

If you are not limited to real world dmr's mtw is brilliant and you can have and air or co2 stock. very quiet with a suppressor. Completely souless and boring but functionally brilliant as a dmr.

7 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I have the JG G3 model, it’s quite light making it easy to hump about site all day, works reliably and due to the long barrel length, pretty accurate with good range. 
I haven’t upgraded mine, which I would like to do when I stop buying other silly stuff. All in its a good value for money rif that gets the looks 😉

I don’t mind weight at all my max for a load out is 10kg and yeah I have the same problem 😂contemplating buying a full flecktarn kit as well but I think the rifs more important considering the layout of my sight and my play style but I’m generally contemplating buying it dumping In a couple hundred into it for relatability and performance 

5 minutes ago, heroshark said:

If you are not limited to real world dmr's mtw is brilliant and you can have and air or co2 stock. very quiet with a suppressor. Completely souless and boring but functionally brilliant as a dmr.

How much would they be ? And I’m guessing I’d just put it in a normal ar 

It's an AR base gun in itself made by wolverine. Not cheap but you can easily spend as much making an aeg dmr and it will out live and out perform an aeg dmr by a country mile or several.

Edited by heroshark

11 minutes ago, heroshark said:

It's an AR base gun in itself made by wolverine. Not cheap but you can easily spend as much making an aeg dmr and it will out live and out perform an aeg dmr by a country mile or several.

I’ll give it a look cheers 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I'm in the process of upgrading mine a bit. It's OK and the JG gearbox is quite beefy but there is a few quirks to it.

5 minutes ago, BigStew said:

My go to recondition for gun the cyma M14 

download.jpeg

There decently cheap tbh but I’ve got to get a tech to build it as I’m not great so I’m trying to find ones in stock on defcon airsoft and unfortunately there not but it is a contender for me 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rory2004 said:

What are the quirks?

It uses a non standard hop unit and nozzle so you need to be careful replacing those. Other than that it should be fairly straightforward. Not sure a drop in Mosfet will go in without some filing.

5 hours ago, Rory2004 said:

They don’t look to bad tbh but there archived on patrol base 

I got mine from BBGUNS4LESS, yes they sell springer's, but they're a sound business (and Patrol Base are either not getting new stock of Double Eagle rifles from the European distributor, Krakman / Taiwan Gun, or their shipment is amazingly slow).

12 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

I got mine from BBGUNS4LESS, yes they sell springer's, but they're a sound business (and Patrol Base are either not getting new stock of Double Eagle rifles from the European distributor, Krakman / Taiwan Gun, or their shipment is amazingly slow).

I forgot about Taiwan gun there super cheap right ? But I would trust it coming this year with distribution atm 😂and pretty sure bbguns4less just sent me an email with a discount code so I’ll have a look 

I went full custom with my SCAR H DMR. I got the base gun for £150 boneyard, and it's getting a e&c quick change gearbox with SHS and zci internals, maxx hop and a BTC chimera. Not decided on what motor I want to put in it yet. 

IMG_20220212_220446.jpg

1 hour ago, Rory2004 said:

I forgot about Taiwan gun there super cheap right ? But I would trust it coming this year with distribution atm 😂and pretty sure bbguns4less just sent me an email with a discount code so I’ll have a look 

Taiwangun was a great place to buy before Brexshit but its no longer an option unless they sort out a new courier in future.

42 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Taiwangun was a great place to buy before Brexshit but its no longer an option unless they sort out a new courier in future.

Big shame that as some rifs are almost £100 cheaper 

Just now, Rory2004 said:

Big shame that as some rifs are almost £100 cheaper 

You do have to factor 20% VAT + courier + import duty on top of the displayed price but yes, even with those costs it usually worked out cheaper than UK

To add insult to injury they have a RIF I want at a very good price that isn't available anywhere else 😭

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.