Not sure of my rights

Budgie7622

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all hope someone can give me some advice 11/01/22 i bought a new two toned Golden eagle mp5 from Wolf Armiories it arrived a week later all excited i installed the battery wound up the mag pulled the trigger one shot then dry fire wound the mag a bit more dry fire again mag out wound again spring nice and tight inset mag mag preceds to unwind itself mag out bb's everywhere reload wind insert mag unwinds itself again. This is going back. Rear stock pin out to remove battery rubber stock plate falls off sent it back to them which they agreed. It arrived back today rubber stock plate glued on magazine still doing the exact same thing.  Can i return this for a refund as i want nothing more to do with it now or will i have problems because it's two toned?.

• Supporters

In theory, yes as it's not fit for purpose. In practice - it's Wolf Armouries so all bets are off. You could just try a different mag with it. Someone must be able to lend you one to try it with?

Never dealt with wolf but I'm pretty bloody sure they would have it back and back and back until it did what it was meant to do or gave me a full refund along with a 'Never darken our doors again" passing shot! 

Regards 

• Moderators

Wolf are, or at least were, absolutely shite for customer service, & there were many horrific stories of the liberties they'd taken with customers wonky guns etc. 

BUT my knowledge of them was from some years ago, I've had no dealings with them for years, nor have I heard anything recently, so I would suggest you get as much advice as you can on your consumer rights, especially distance selling rules, someone on here will give you chapter & verse, & then armed with that go back & tell them what YOU want, I'm pretty sure they can ask for the opportunity to put a fault right, but it sounds like you've already given them that chance & they failed miserably. 

Some here will say mag incompatibility can often be expected, but that's between brands, if your issue is with the mag it came with then it's clearly "not fit for purpose". 

Rogerborg is right on this.

Even custom made items are covered by your statutory rights. Specifically if they fundamentally flawed or faulty.

If you bought the item over the internet, ie distance selling. You have more time to complain and return but as you seem to have contacted them immediately it should not be an issue.

Chargeback and good luck.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, The Waco Kid said:

Forgot to say chargeback isn’t a legal right. But if you paid by credit card you are covered by section 75 of the consumer credit act.

Correct, it's a voluntary scheme run by a bunch of debt card providers.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/visa-mastercard-chargeback/

Key point:

"The main requirement for getting your money back through chargeback is evidence that there's been a breach of contract (ie, didn't get what you paid for) and the firm will not give you a refund. You must first try to get a refund from the firm first, before you try chargeback."

Thus the conditional "When they tell you to do one, or ignore you" above.

My experience is that the payment processor will get in touch with the rogue trader and the fun begins.

I'd stress sticking to just the very basic facts, be as clear and concise as possible, give only your side of the story, and provide them with any documentation trail.

Bet of luck.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.