Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrggghhhhh eBay nightmare, a rant

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yes, it’s long, sorry about that.

I bought a UH-1 gen2 on eBay.com 13th December, seller posted on 14th. All tracked through USPS.

USPS tracking says it left Heathrow on 16th December. This is where it’s gets interesting/annoying.

Lots of discussion backwards and forwards with the seller, USPS and Royal Mail, the upshot is USPS quoted a load of international postage agreements at us, basically saying they don’t give a sh*t and won’t help, their tracking says they handed it to Royal Mail, end of USPS responsibility.

Royal Mail tracking (not the online tracking, business to business tracking they use with USPS) says it’s still at JFK, even quoted a mail bin reference that it’s sitting in.

So, seller and I decided to raise it with eBay, see if they can help. This was Sunday, eBay confirmed we’d have an answer in 48hrs. Still no answer this afternoon, so I contacted eBay digital assistant to find out what’s happening. And WTAF, eBay have now said they have no record of me paying, so can’t help as I’m not covered by their guarantees, as I haven’t  paid.

Obviously I’ve now raised the case with PayPal, they have said they’ll contact eBay and get back to us on (on, not by) the 27th February.

Grrrrrrrrr, not happy, but vent done.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk on international trade

Feel your pain brother. I recently ordered £500 worth of stuff from three Hong Kong/ Chinese ebayers and a pair of boots from Germany….All Vat paid at source. Within 7 days 2/3 eBay orders came in, boots took over 2 weeks?! Plus parcel force charged handling AND import duties of nearly £50… third Chinese ebay items are atm lost between British port and a sorting centre and no change in the Royal Mail tracking system for over a week. Like wtf ? Just seems all over the place tbh, and pot luck whether you get stung or even can figure out where your shit actually is…

• Supporters
16 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I bought a UH-1

Y U NO fly it urself?

Bell UH-1H Iroquois

Ba-dum tsss.

16 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

eBay have now said they have no record of me paying

Wow, that's a new one, and very concerning.  Truth is whatever the most powerful party asserts that it is.  Given that eBay and PayPal have recently divorced, I hope that they're still on speaking terms.  Worst case though you should get a refund from PayPal, or ultimately whatever you used to pay them.

15 hours ago, SBoardley said:

All Vat paid at source. Within 7 days 2/3 eBay orders came in, boots took over 2 weeks?! Plus parcel force charged handling AND import duties of nearly £50

This also concerns me, in terms of how you can persuade a gang of thugs not to just rob you blind a second time. :(

(Existential angst brought on by a brutal mugging from HMRC this week)

Yeah and I can’t figure why items from Hong Kong can get here quicker than Germany and a smoother transaction in general with no extra charges?

7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Wow, that's a new one, and very concerning.  Truth is whatever the most powerful party asserts that it is.  Given that eBay and PayPal have recently divorced, I hope that they're still on speaking terms.  Worst case though you should get a refund from PayPal, or ultimately whatever you used to pay them

Well yes. PayPal contacted eBay, eBay have now closed my case and it’s in the hands of PayPal.

I’m hopeful Il get my money back, we’ll see

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

eBay have now closed my case

Wow. So just "Get rekt, scrub"?  Despite them handling the transaction, and the seller believing that they've been paid?

I really hope that PayPal sort you out, and I'd emphasise keeping it super simple and saying "Didn't get what I paid for, money back, now" rather than getting caught up in a discussion of all the lies that have been told downstream.

31 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Wow. So just "Get rekt, scrub"?  Despite them handling the transaction, and the seller believing that they've been paid?

I really hope that PayPal sort you out, and I'd emphasise keeping it super simple and saying "Didn't get what I paid for, money back, now" rather than getting caught up in a discussion of all the lies that have been told downstream.

Exactly all this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/01/2022 at 12:17, Rogerborg said:
On 28/01/2022 at 19:29, rocketdogbert said:

I bought a UH-1

Y U NO fly it urself?

Bell UH-1H Iroquois

Is it an original vietnam one? An easy way to tell is if this is fitteddownload.jpeg.1832ad3aaffcbde99f5464950691cdbf.jpeg

On 12/02/2022 at 17:37, rocketdogbert said:

PayPal all sorted, seller was properly upset but he should have sent it insured.

Bought a Holosun AEMS instead

ahhhh bollox.

The UH-1 turned up, and now I have the  AEMS as well 🤷🏻‍♂️

12258D7E-96C7-4BC2-A82C-D6EC9AE3AC7A.jpeg

E69A1897-C1A1-4A05-AC8F-74C7FE6052A4.jpeg

So need to send the UH1 back to the seller, as I presume he is out of pocket and sans sight obviously? 

27 minutes ago, MagpieTactical said:

So need to send the UH1 back to the seller, as I presume he is out of pocket and sans sight obviously? 

All sorted with seller, we’ve kept in touch and nobody is now out of pocket, but thanks so much for your concern 🤣🤣

Just going off the fact you had been refunded, which normally means they debit the sellers account to recoup the refund. 

But hey, I wasn't concerned, just going off the contents of the thread to this point. Glad he is not affected by this

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.