PTS EPS stock / Double Eagle M906C - fitting problem

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Chaps,  I've just received a PTS EPS stock, but it won't slide straight on to the DE's stock tube as the locating bolt doesn't retract fully out of the way, and the DE tube has a solid end (the cutout groove in the rib doesn't run all the way to the end)

image.png.660de98559b3b4fe04a349a403f1a30f.png

It looks like I'll have to disassemble the operating lever and the bolt, and re-assemble it on the gun.

I can see two drift pins (arrowed) holding the bolt in place, but there's also quite a strong spring in there somewhere... if I knock out the two drift pins will I be able to put it all back together???

(I have already removed the cross pin but it's the longitudinal pin that actually holds the bolt, it seems)

image.png.743e49339da7e7e31ea4c8161545424d.png

I appreciate there's only a tiny chance anyone here has ever had to do this, but I had to ask!

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters

i had a similar issue with a magpul stock.

the standard distance for the pin wasn't enough to clear the back of the stock tube rail, so had to use a pait of pliers/additional leverage (read: "persuasion") to get enough to go on.

i ended up shaving down a nub on the back of the lever, giving it enough clearance to slide all the way off. meant it would come off if you weren't careful adjusting it, but not being a big fan of adjustable stocks i had a mark set for the position and only needed to remove it for battery installation.

• Supporters

@RostokMcSpoons are you pushing the operating lever up to retract the pin or pulling it down? The pin drops a lot lower if you pull it downwards.

Blimey, thanks for the quick replies, you guys are on point today :)
Well I took what Adolf said, and tried extra force, but carefully applied!  I took out the cross pin again and pushed harder down on the locating pin, and yes it moved down flush.

So I hooked an Allen key through it, pulled down on it, and got the stock on the tube. Yay!
Then I just refitted the lever and it's all good.

Now I can't view the movie clip ('we could not locate the item you're trying to view'), so I'm not sure about getting the lever pulled down, as it can only move so far before it hits the stock and can go no further.   As the back plate comes off to fit the battery, I should be 'sorted, sweet as a nut, luvverly jubbly' anyway :D

This can be a bit tight, but is doable without tools (at least on mine, and the stock tube groove sounds the same).

For me, activate rear of lever until it's flat against the stock. Then, get fingers underneath front of lever (so, in front of the pin) and pull down. This will pull the pin further down and should give enough clearance (but can require a bit of pull strength in the fingers).

No need to use tools or knock out pins, etc.

@RostokMcSpoons The PTS EPS fits perfectly on all the three DE M900's we have at home, including the M906C.

It just feels like you're pulling too hard on the "lever" and something may snap, but you just need to pull it down even harder than you think you need too, and I didn't need to remove the pin you've show 👍

Edited by Fatboy40

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.