What gun to buy

Sam0001

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone

Me and my son have just got into her soft absolutely love it planning on going on a bit more of a regular basis looking to purchase AEG VR ever not got a ukara yet.

Budget of around 250 to 300 for both of us I know this is quite a small budget so any advice is greatly appreciated already spotted the recommendation in regards bbguns websites so looking for some better recommendations.

IMO, you should speak to people at game days (and ideally hold theirs) and go to shops, again getting an idea of what you like ergonomically speaking. In the meantime sort your UKARA, otherwise you may regret dropping £300 on a brightly coloured one.

You'll have to be careful what you buy to equip both of you for £300.

You should definitely rent until you get UKARA registered otherwise you will regret spending all your money on coloured guns.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters

as above, good to try to resist the urge for the time being, serve your time and get ukara setup so you can avoid the 2-tone menace.

use the time to have a scout around, chat to folk about their pews, you'll find a lot of folk are more than happy to show off their toys.

it'll give you some ideas as to what style you might want to go for. typically a lot of new starts gravitate to ar derivative guns (m4, m16 etc) but there's no rule says you can't start with an ak or an sa80 or an f2000 or whatever shape of pew takes your fancy.

one thing to factor in is it's not just the gun you want to buy, but things like eyepro, decent boots (if you don't already have them), batteries, chargers etc, and wether or not you want to think about spare magazines and associated kit to carry them, or camo etc.

As the above users have said, I would highly recommend waiting for your UKARA before buying any guns. For now just rent until you are confident in your purchases. Plus two tone is nasty. 

When you DO get your UKARA, I would recommend CYMA. They are probably the best bang for buck beginners brand out there. Known more for their AKs but they do have some decent budget m4s. That said, DO NOT be stingy when buying eye pro. 

300 is definitely doable if you are only getting essentials, those being: 2 rifles (that probably come with one hi-cap mag each), 2 batteries, 1 charger, 2 sets of eye/face pro. 

As above, eye/face protection should be the priority.  (It can be difficult to find something that's comfy and doesn't fog.  Mesh can be used to eliminate fogging but it must be good quality)

Good boots with ankle support is highly recommended as sprains are the most common injury.  (Army surplus is good and cheap but not the most comfy and may need wearing in)

Good batteries (Li-Po) and an intelligent charger are also good investments as the ones which come with the weapons will not provide optimal performance and will likely fail after a short time.

(Look for threads about batteries and charger options)

The weapons come in all shapes and sizes but generally perform similarly.  (Barrel length does affect power and accuracy but not as much as real ones)

So decide on what shape pewpew you like and then research which is the best make/model to get.

£300 excludes eyepro N face pro as I already have these sorted the ukara sight are happy with these and so am I so the £300 is for guns mags batteries and charger.

Been looking at JG g36c like the look going to see if I can get my hands on one to feel it next time I go. (Good feedback on here)

Also going to a local shop later this week to feel it out 

What's the deal with v and butterfly batteries ? 

JG are a good budget brand.  Its good to get a feel before you buy.

Different configurations of battery for various spaces available.

Don't worry. Once you've chosen a particular gun you'll see what kind of battery will fit.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Sam0001 said:

the £300 is for guns mags batteries and charger

That's tight for two.  JG G36C is just about do-able though, if you can find them in stock.  I'm very happy with mine, I bought it as a reliable back-up and have ended up using it more often than most of my "upgraded" guns.  Decent hop unit, trigger has the usual V3 sloppiness (and can be prone to locking up, so don't spam it), barrel and motor are OK-ish.  Nothing that can't be sorted later, and they're fine out of the box.

You'll want at least lipo batteries, or li-ion.  For two of you, I'd recommend either 3 or 4 lipo batteries, 1400mAh or above, bearing in mind that there's not a huge amount of battery space in the G36C, so you'll want to check the dimensions.  I'd recommend 3 or 4 smaller ones versus 2 bigger ones just to have a spare to hand if one craps out.

Chargers, SkyRC S65 is our current go-to.  I would strongly advise against trying to cheap out on the charger, I wasted a lot more money than I "saved" that way.  Anything without a display is likely to be junk, hazardous to your batteries and possibly to your home insurance.  Nothing Nuprol, ever.

Mags, the JG G36C comes with a usable hi-cap and a couple more will do you.  I didn't have much luck getting mid-caps to feed in mine, but switched to using STANAG mags via a magwell adaptor anyway.  Some folk hate hi-caps, I'm OK with them versus having to buy and carry half a dozen (or more) mid-caps around.

TM FAMAS!!

Everyone on this forum knows deep down it is the greatest AEG to have ever been created

Tokyo Marui FAMAS SV - Airsoft Direct

Perfection GIFs | Tenor

If you have never wanted one of these. You started airsoft too late

Edited by Groot

39 minutes ago, Groot said:

TM FAMAS!!

Everyone on this forum knows deep down it is the greatest AEG to have ever been created

Tokyo Marui FAMAS SV - Airsoft Direct

Perfection GIFs | Tenor

If you have never wanted one of these. You started airsoft too late

I think what you meant to say was.

TM FAMAS am bestest gnu..

2 hours ago, heroshark said:

I think what you meant to say was.

TM FAMAS am bestest gnu..

So close but i love that you too are showing your age.

FAMAS AM BEST0R

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.