Double Eagle M906C - Internal upgrades / tinkering

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Cheers @Fatboy40 much appreciated.

I've had a reply back from Will at Spec Ops, he's said he's not had any problems with control units failing so basically he's unsure what could be wrong.  He'll take a look at it for me, but I as I can't spot an obvious problem then I think that'll be a waste of his time.   

A Gate Titan at £90 is a bit of a fiscal bummer at this point, I think I'll have to manfully struggle on with the other gnus in my collection until my situation improves, but at least it is, as you say, a drop-in replacement.  A tiny bit of soldering I could make a mess of, but otherwise reasonably straightforward.

@Skullchewer could you ask someone at Red Alert if they've had the same symptoms with any of theirs?  The symptoms are:
1) Super-hot motor  ... leading to

2) Double beep occasionally on spamming semi-auto

3) Full auto fires 3 or 4 before stopping (might be beeping too)

If they have any boneyard examples with a working control unit then I'd be happy to negotiate a price

... cheers! 

next time you have it open snap a picture of the bottom board, in particular the square mosfet near the wiring solder points. I can't find a decent picture online but it looks like a 3503 mosfet maybe?

• Supporters

Thought evike had a history of dissassembling guns to get otherwise hard to find parts?

Ie evike having the spare is not an indicator of the manufacturer providing them

Might be better off just sticking a Perun Hybrid in it and call it done. Much better unit than the Falcon anyway.

I will be selling off my M904G in the next week or two - I'm thinning out my collection and I have a bunch of other M4 platforms that I can use.

21 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Might be better off just sticking a Perun Hybrid in it and call it done. Much better unit than the Falcon anyway.

I will be selling off my M904G in the next week or two - I'm thinning out my collection and I have a bunch of other M4 platforms that I can use.

Yes the Perun is a bit cheaper than the Titan, and has the program-by-trigger functionality.  Seems good, but presumably I might need to finesse the gearbox to fit it?

If and when you do sell the 904, please give me a heads-up, I might well be interested in it as a donor / experimental backup

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

20 minutes ago, JVacation said:

@RostokMcSpoonsI've got two of the DE mosfets in my parts bag. Happy to sell them. They've been just sitting there but they were working when I took them out. 

Haha I've just bought a 904g as a donor gun (spending more money than I'd liked in the process)... If only you could have made the offer a week ago 😭😂😋

Well, I'm still interested, the 904g can be a full spare gun rather than just a shell sitting in my loft, so please pm me with prices.  Please just bear in mind I'm a jobless hobo at the moment 🥴

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.