Trouble Filling TM Mags

Predator EAT-14

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just got my first TM pistol, a second hand HK45 and struggling to get the mags to fill properly. I'm using a can of WE green gas with plastic nozzle (will be getting a can of nuprol 1.0 once this one's empty), have tried finger on knocker to start with to purge any air locks, tried longer holds and short 1-2 second bursts but the best I've managed to get is enough for about two thirds of a mag then it's empty.

I know these gas out slightly while filling but they're pretty much just spitting liquid out straight away, only thing I'm wondering is if the nozzle of the can isn't going deep enough, are some brands better to use than others for TM?

When it does shoot however, it's great with consistent, accurate 45-50m shots, so I'm more than happy with that.

Does sound like perhaps the nozzle isn't going in deep enough. Can you remove the base plate and try without that in the way?

• Supporters

Are you inverting mags ? (Turning them upside down to fill)

The gas is a liquid essentially, so flowing down is much more efficient.

33 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Does sound like perhaps the nozzle isn't going in deep enough. Can you remove the base plate and try without that in the way?

Will double check that later, it didn't seem to be in the way but I was a bit excited about having a new pew so will look a bit closer lol

32 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Are you inverting mags ? (Turning them upside down to fill)

The gas is a liquid essentially, so flowing down is much more efficient.

Yeh mags inverted, can shaken etc. It works fine and gasses my WE Glock without any loss

I too have the same issue with my TM HK45T mags...they fill, but a lot of GAS pisses out as well, unlike my VFC pistol which fills with no issues.

Same with my we beretta mags.They fill with no leakage or hissing and spitting. I guess the fill spout is matched to the gas can spout.

TM 226 mags on the other hand hiss and spit like a moggy fronting up to a rottweiler 🐈

Regards 

Edited by Shamal

Well having a closer look this evening it looks like the nozzle of the can gets fatter about halfway down and looks like this is stopping it going far enough in to properly fill. Will try a lighter fill adapter if I can find one, if not a different brand of gas, I didn't quite realise just how deep the valves on the TM are. 

• Supporters

You can get after service silicon washers that pop in the filler hole that stop this happening with TM mags , bought some a few yrs ago(don’t even bother asking for a link or name can’t remember where from 😉) that’s stops the gas venting as your filling your mags . 👍

"Silent fill o-rings" are the ones you pop in to stop the air venting as you fill the mag. TM mags are meant to vent air as the liquid gas fills up, this allows them to hold more gas and work more efficiently. 

With gas mags you should always fill for 1 second then stop, remove the nozzle, wait 4-5 seconds then fill for 1s again. Keep doing this until the mag is venting Propane from the fill valve (not just air)

If it is second hand I would spend some time taking the valves out (fill and knocker), giving it all a good clean and checking the o-rings for wear / deformation. Re-assemble with quality thick Silicone oil and try again.

• 1 year later...

Also, you want Nuprol 2.0 green for Summer and Nuprol 3.0 Red for Winter. 1.0 will work for about 1 day a year in UK at 40C

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.