M4 Gp I5 Gearbox Is Crap

Rockstar87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So built my rift today ready for when we go back out and the crap i5 set on fire for fuck knows why 

so I’m in the market for a m4 gear box with mosfet or completely custom cash waiting fully upgraded will be preferred but if not I’ll build it my self 

thanks for you time guys and gals 

• Supporters

Apparently happens all the time, something to do with spontaneous combustion 😏

6 hours ago, Rockstar87 said:

So built my rift today ready for when we go back out and the crap i5 set on fire for fuck knows why

When you say fire, are we talking about catastrophic destruction of the Gearbox or a puff of magic smoke from the Mosfet?

If it's the former, then OK. But if it's the latter, just replace the trigger board. The board and full wiring setup is pretty reasonably priced:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-i5-gearbox-trigger-board

aaaaaah, proprietary parts :D

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

so am i reading this right:

you built it yourself, there was presumably a wiring short, causing a fire

and this is the gearboxes fault?

Bit like a diabetic complaining to Cadbury’s that they end up in hospital after eating half a dozen selection boxes at Christmas ! 😳

Yep, the i5 gearbox is utter shite - my Son's N23 failed spectacularly at Thurlaston last year during a range day. The rebuild needed a new motor, gears, piston, the works - plus a replacement FET from HK. 

• 1 month later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.