The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon

38 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Not going to lie....when comparing them both last night, I did favour how my TM Glock 17 Gen.4 felt in my hand....that and I have about twenty other pistols.

Hehe, know the feeling.

It's the same for me, but regarding my TM Glock. All because I can't find a holster that fits a 6 seconds mount.

But anyway, the AAP turns from okay to good with just a hop rubber swap, when you consider the cost of the pistol (sub €100) and rubber (say €15 including a spacer like a ML I-Key) it's a pretty good deal! Treat it carefully and it'll last a while. Then if you want maximum performance/reliability/cosmetics you will naturally spend a small fortune on it, but it's the same with Capas, Glocks and pretty much all Airsoft guns bar MTWs and Mk23s, but those are the exception because cost/design/technology.

My pistol costs a lot, but I could have done without a fancy mamba upper, a CowCow hammer set, a TTI trigger, magwell and a dot, my carbine could have done without the expensive TTI carbine kit, charging handle+external selector, you get the idea.

It does feel toyish, I'll give you that, but if you want "realism" then the AAP isn't for you :P

My problem has always been that I'm airsoft bi-polar. Some days I think it's the best thing ever and want to pick up more guns n' gear, others I hate it and resent having so much already invested. 

24 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

My problem has always been that I'm airsoft bi-polar. Some days I think it's the best thing ever and want to pick up more guns n' gear, others I hate it and resent having so much already invested. 

You're certainly not alone there, usually between waiting on things to arrive to finish a 'project' and a larger gap than normal in playing. Especially if that hiatus was, be it conciously or subconsciously, brought on by the last game you went to being a bit wank. Fortunately know myself well enough at this point to know I overall enjoy it more than I don't even if it's just a good, expensive, way of spending time with friends than I'd struggle to otherwise. Perspective and all that.

2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

We all are, one way or another.

To me it's a matter of actually using what I buy and right now, even though my gear collection is somewhat minimalist compared to some of you, I feel like I have reached my "limit" and won't be buying anything else until I sell some of the guns/gear I have, which won't happen anytime soon because I think I have found good setups and now, apart from a torch and holster for the Glock, every purchase will be just to maintain/slightly update the guns I have.

Tis the final (hopefully) form of my carbine.

Swapped the 6.5" handguard for a 5" ARP one. Had to turn down the TTI outer barrel because the G&G barrel nut is very narrow and didn't fit (you can see the bare aluminium "rings" where I removed material off the barrel).

Also removed the EVO sights as they are too low to be comfortably used with a lower face mask.

All I need now is a decent sling and maybe a tracer unit.

dqEw0QY.jpg

On 01/02/2023 at 10:16, Cr0-Magnon said:

Not going to lie....when comparing them both last night, I did favour how my TM Glock 17 Gen.4 felt in my hand....that and I have about twenty other pistols.

I almost sold my AAP because I had similar feelings. I just prefer my HK45 and I have a lot of pistols, then I realised I could put a Ruger .22 kit on it and use it for Vietnam games. Only reason I kept mine, because 1911 magazines are tiny so the AAP is a bit more reliable (and unique in that Ruger kit).

@Skara - Are you actually using it in skirmishes now?

@Impulse - At this point I'm just looking at it as something to tweak here and there. There's obviously a massive range of external and internal upgrades and being kinda Glock based, I find them easier to work on than Hi-capas.

The stock hop adjustment cog on mine was so stiff, I gave myself this weird blood blister thing, by pushing on it. So obviously I HAD TO buy the CNC chamber 😬

I tried flat hopping it at first but it was nothing, nothing, nothing...to the sky! So now I'm just running the nub which came with it and a 50 degree flamingo, still the stock barrel though...seems alright?

IMG20230207202936.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update (if anyone cares, haha):

I've short-stroked it to the very limit of still locking back on empty, using a Waldo kit (incl' recoil & nozzle spring).

I also added this TTI CNC silencer adapter kit. I know the original outer barrel has threads but this gives you higher sights and obviously allows it to be a bit more compact (when using a tracer etc). I'm just charging my short tracer, to see if the inner barrel isn't too long and thus doesn't activate it. If it is, I've got a shorter one I can use....but then yeah, I've essentially got a very well setup CQB gun. The cherry on top would possibly be a rail but that's easy enough to sort. 

The only issue is, I've never played CQB and don't intend to....

IMG_20230216_105005.jpg

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

7 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Update (if anyone cares, haha):

I've short-stroked it to the very limit of still locking back on empty, using a Waldo kit (incl' recoil & nozzle spring).

I also added this TTI CNC silencer adapter kit. I know the original outer barrel has threads but this gives you higher sights and obviously allows it to be a bit more compact (when using a tracer etc). I'm just charging my short tracer, to see if the inner barrel isn't too long and thus doesn't activate it. If it is, I've got a shorter one I can use....but then yeah, I've essentially got a very well setup CQB gun. The cherry on top would possibly be a rail but that's easy enough to sort. 

The only issue is, I've never played CQB and don't intend to....

IMG_20230216_105005.jpg

How are those CTM lowers? I’ve just got myself an AAP but hate the standard lower frame….

28 minutes ago, Ronin0033 said:

How are those CTM lowers? I’ve just got myself an AAP but hate the standard lower frame….

I run the Ruger lower (because I've fully converted mine to a Ruger .22) and I prefer it to the stock lower. Bonus points if you can get some nice wooden grips for it too!

I initially decided against installing it, as it seemed very tight and bad things happen when I take a file to a gun. However I ended up going back to it and realising it didn't need any modification (I just needed to braver).

I wanted the green lower as have several black or tan guns. Just an aesthetic thing, innit.

1 hour ago, Impulse said:

I run the Ruger lower (because I've fully converted mine to a Ruger .22) and I prefer it to the stock lower. Bonus points if you can get some nice wooden grips for it too!

Any chance of a picture of your converted one? Ruger .22 is my goal for the AAP, be good a see one already done so I know where to aim 😁

On 16/02/2023 at 18:19, Ronin0033 said:

For some strange reason the mags didn't want to go in using the CTM lower and Black Mamba upper. So I've reverted back to the AA lower. Not the most creative colour combo, but I think it looks very slick!

IMG20230223195707.jpg

On 16/02/2023 at 20:11, Ronin0033 said:

Any chance of a picture of your converted one? Ruger .22 is my goal for the AAP, be good a see one already done so I know where to aim 😁

I went this way with mine, a mate is going to recess some Ruger grip medallions into another set of wooden grips to finish the build for meADD95D3F-6F03-44A4-9D5C-2C194A61277A.thumb.jpeg.f4c349ea8547273a8887f0c959535df1.jpeg

671D8BDE-6570-4A06-A89D-884C691C242E.jpeg

0430B35C-7411-40EC-952A-A2C03813B635.jpeg

This was what I wanted to copy - except I didn’t like the silver CTM grips hence went black.

(This gun shop in Florida was bigger than most Tesco in the Uk)

44C78C4E-5F1D-4494-9A82-3575C6A85AF3.jpeg

FE3D1D2F-914F-4F7A-B5B5-C9502927AE51.jpeg

10 hours ago, Alimcd said:

I went this way with mine, a mate is going to recess some Ruger grip medallions into another set of wooden grips to finish the build for meADD95D3F-6F03-44A4-9D5C-2C194A61277A.thumb.jpeg.f4c349ea8547273a8887f0c959535df1.jpeg

671D8BDE-6570-4A06-A89D-884C691C242E.jpeg

0430B35C-7411-40EC-952A-A2C03813B635.jpeg

oh that is LOVELY! Pretty much exactly what I will be going for, except in silver & black. 
I guess you got the trades engraved? 

3 hours ago, Ronin0033 said:

oh that is LOVELY! Pretty much exactly what I will be going for, except in silver & black. 
I guess you got the trades engraved? 

Certainly did, Jack Acaster of Airsoft Engraver is the man to see. He might even still have my files for you to use?

18 hours ago, Alimcd said:

Certainly did, Jack Acaster of Airsoft Engraver is the man to see. He might even still have my files for you to use?

I’ve used Jack before, good to know he has the files!

Mine will be a while in the making, I’ve got the CTM lower now and will be ordering the outer barrel soon, not sure if I can stomach the cost of the CNC upper yet! 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been through the pain of upgrading the hammer. For saying how much I hate the glock style trigger assembly, it wasn't too bad of a job. Did the hammer and the knocker lock. Bit annoyed at myself I didn't do hammer spring as well but meh we'll see when it breaks.

I followed this guys videos which were excellent to help me along:

https://www.youtube.com/c/Wyhaq

Also installed a TM bucking onto the PDI barrel which seems to be playng nicely, just need a HPA adapter to shoot it now.

Ooof. This is another rabbit hole of scary proportions that I've jumped into.... Bought two AAP in the patrol base Xmas sale thingy. One for me and one for the boy.

He's already wanting to faster bits (cow cow springs?). It's already got a 6.02 and a maple leaf....😂

I quite fancy making mine into a weird but that's not even been looked at yet!

Where do people start with the AAP?

Really depends what you want to achieve. You don't need to do anything until something breaks, but as you say it's a massive rabbit hole and ends up being far from an £80 pistol.

If you want to make a start with some solid basics, I would recommend changing the hop rubber (I like 50 degree flamingos) and some kind of short-stroking. Waldo Customs do a pretty good spring and buffer set for this, but there plenty of others around. Oh and you may want to install a flat/adjustable trigger if the long pull bothers you. I've done all of this plus added a 150mm maple leaf crazy jet inner barrel, Black Mamba upper receiver, AA rotary hop unit and CNC magwell. I can now hop whichever weight of BB I want at 1.1J. 

• 1 month later...

1806857477_AAPMP7.thumb.jpg.2bbbfb6e5936121f4d24a72c95653aab.jpgHere's my AP7. Still a work in progress. Pretty much still stock inside apart from a ML rubber, Hadron Fang plate and TTI trigger.

I'm looking at lightweight 50rd mags (not going HPA). Options seem to be Action Army, Guarder or Prowin.

Anyone got any experience of these? I can't seem to find any kind of consensus just lots of conflicting opinions.

WE mags are impossible to find so I might just stick with TM mags with the AA router upgrade.

Edited by 38super
Spelling

1 hour ago, 38super said:

Action Army

Don't.

Silly two piece design that causes leaks.

7 hours ago, Skara said:

Don't.

Silly two piece design that causes leaks.

I've heard that but also heard they can be fixed by tightening them up or gasket glue.

The Prowins might be out as I they don't make a WE style gas router version.

I haven't been able to find any info on the Guarders although they do appear to use standard TM feed lips and gas routers.