Mag dumping? (Reload)

Dread
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

MP5 mags are begging for a doubler.

(No, not an item on a 'massage parlour' menu)

I was looking at the attachments to double up the mags but then I wasn’t sure how they would fit in a pouch 😐

2 hours ago, Dread said:

I was looking at the attachments to double up the mags but then I wasn’t sure how they would fit in a pouch 😐

They don't, one reason I never bothered.

Would they fit in a bigger magazine pouch? Sorry my gun knowledge is terrible, maybe a rifle mag pouch?

To be honest I don’t know, because I had this gun for Christmas in 2018 and haven’t used it yet due to hard saving for a wedding.

The only site I have played at is FAO the vault in bury, it’s a single shot site and the allowed rate of fire is very low, something like 1 or 2 shots a second. So I can imagine not getting through many mags there but I do wanna try other site where I can push the gun harder and hopefully get through a fair few.

i suppose I could buy 1 and use it at the start of each round and then go onto singles if needed

• Supporters

Very much site dependent, but at my local (very) CQB site, I've never managed to get through double mid-caps during a game.

Actually it's nearly at the point of flinging handfulls of BBs round corners... :D

I use combat trousers and battle belt. Little practice and as others have mentioned relatively easy to change one handed.

Your other option is joining G36 series master race and having a 2 step change press mag release pull mag reinsert mag.....well for one game anyway before the plastic holders breaks 😃

• Supporters

If you've got a dump pouch on you (always a good shout) you can start off with a double, stash it then reload in the usual manner from that point on.  It's something I've done a few times and I enjoy the aesthetic and the super fast first reload.

Dropping mags depends on the surface as much (if not more) than the mag type or anything else.  You can drop cheap, light plastic midcaps or quality, expensive plastic midcaps on forest floor allllll day long and as long as the feed area gets cleaned out of mud and twigs you'll have no issue.  Drop a gas mag on concrete you'll have a very bad time.

It is documented to the point of obsolescence by thousands of competitors/trainers/mil folks from all around the world that dropping the mag is the fastest option.  It means you can go for the fresh one at the same time as pressing the mag release and it deletes the step where you store away the partial mag, which is often the slowest step.  Personally I'll occasionally drop a mag when, as others have mentioned, the opposition is very close, but usually I just stow the empty in my dump pouch and quickly insert the fresh.  If you use good pouches and actually try to go somewhat fast vs adopting a sloth-like demeanour it's all pretty quick.

• 4 weeks later...

Had some time today, stuck on some tape, blue is the main colour used by the Russians! 💪

Will get around to putting my name on the mags! 

This is all my mags, excluding a few broken and some need a fix! (The big AK high cap mag is broken, put in for comparison of size) 🤔

Was fortunate when buying second hand most of my guns came with extra mags! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

E605FAC0-6DEF-4DA0-A311-B39B31D5C863.thumb.jpeg.8d63226d30a239970fd20224c937a37a.jpeg

Archived