Pistol laser sights allowed?

Interloper393
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys been taking to our local airsoft centre and there not sure on the rules of laser sights during games.. can anyone clarify whats allowed?

I'm taking more the laser pen kind of thing for the likes of pistols.

Cheers

It's site by site whether they are allowed. most sites ban they because with Chinese lasers you can't guarantee the power level. 

• Supporters

And if they do alow you to use a laser it definitely won’t be a green one as there the really dangerous ones .

• Moderators

at Gunman its usually a no, as you could accidentally shine it down a scope etc....

Night games they tend to allow low power ones within reason, i was even allowed to use my green one as it was only work colleagues (and i was leaving!) as they didnt have optics and knew id be sensible with it....only used when breaching a room when smoke filled and tracers used for that extra effect!....that was it!

at UA, im not sure as a few have been seen with both red and green, but i have heard players complain during games they are shone across eyes....

best to check before you play....

anyway they give your position away.....

I never understood where this frantic paranoia about lasers came from.

Back when I was a wee kiddy at school and laser pointers were all the rage, you could get those cheap £5 Chinese laser pens at every corner shop, people used to deliberately shine them in other peoples eyes, hell it was a game for you to play with someone else who would look away first shining them in each others eyes, and nobody ever went blind. So why airsoft sites are all OMFG LAZOOOOORRRRSSSSS NOOOO BAN THEM WE'LL BLIND EVERYONE AND CUT SMALL CHILDREN IN HALF LIKE A LIGHT SABRE** I dont understand. A laser sight flicking across your face for a fraction of a second wont hurt you. Plus green ones look well cool on nights and in smokey rooms.

**N.B slight exaggeration for dramatic purposes

Theyre also super handy in woodland games for pointing people out, saying "hes behind that tree!" "which one theres hundreds?" "..uh... the tree shaped one? Third on the left from the wonky looking one?" its a lot easier to point out the object you mean with a laser. 

Or maybe Im just old fashioned, darn kids these days and their Health & Safety shenanigans.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Tiercel said:

Back when I was a wee kiddy at school

Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris had free reign of the changing rooms.  Standards change.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Tiercel said:

Plus green ones look well cool on nights and in smokey rooms.

Green ones are very dangerous as the human eye has an auto blink reflex to basically all colours of the spectum bar green hence the danger . You hit anyone in the eye with a red laser and they can’t not blink even if they try not too , BUT with green it won’t trigger the blink reflex , so if you get hit by a high power one (read Chinese ) you do run the real risk of retinal burn .

Archived