Airsoft in Summer

MisterG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Shorts aren’t a real problem as long as you use your head(don’t go charging blindly off in too the undergrowth!) , this is me doing my Rhodesian ‘bush war’esq rig last summer .

0CB16BE9-680E-4E67-9091-C3C041B1D215.jpeg

Hat, and some good wicking baselayers work for me! Keep hydrated and smoke lenses on your eyepro if playing outdoors are also good.

I was out playing this morning at Combat Action Games. Nice warm day easy 20 degrees.

I was in my usual attire. Base layer, black ubacs, boots, trousers and warrior zip up load bearing vest with all the bells and whistles, topped off with gloves, cap and eye pro.

The single most important item on that kit on a hot day. Hydration bladder with 2 litres of chilled water in it. Heat isn't the issue. Dehydration is the issue.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Duff said:

Ooof you sexy bastid that's going in the wanj bank for later! 😂

Be afraid be very afraid the duff’ster gonna get you ! 😱😱😱😱

25 degrees tomorrow, I'm gonna fry.

UBACs and PLCE methinks.

Cheers

G

Likewise, 28C and 0 cloud cover tomrrow, giving my summer look its first run. That and a camelback full of icewater. Gonna be a glorious day, though I may do a lot less running than usual :P Time to get the DMR out and chill.

Ran my usual kit yesterday. Sometimes feel like the water donkey though. Tend to always notice a player or 2 who are obviously starting to go down with dehydration/heatstroke and offer some of the ice cold water from my camelback to them.

On the plus side. Left the house at 15st 9lbs yesterday (weighted before breakfast). Weighed in again today. 15st 6lbs. Can i airsoft everyday, might shift some of my winter hibernation weight off.

Archived