Warrior Assault m4 pouches shrinking?

ghostwalker
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks,

I recently picked up a vest and some pouches from a friend. The vest is like the 5:11 lbe vest and some what faded. But the single 5.56 pouches were all brand new and still tagged. I dont know how long they had been sat for before i bought them. But after getting them home i tried to insert my ICS high cap t-mags into them and well...let's just say tight is an understatement. I physically had to force the mags into the pouches. Taking them out well, that was another story,

I was advised by someone to get some steam onto the pouches as it should help reshape them and stretch them back out. So i went ahead and tried that a couple of days ago. I left the mags in the pouches to try and help mold the shape and left them to dry out for 48 hours.

With a bit of a struggle and help from the mrs, i removed the magazines today and left the pouches for a little while. Attached them to the vest and tried to insert the mags again. But to no avail.

So i am wondering. Could it be the pouches have just shrunk from being left for a long time,. Are ics t-mags substantially bigger than a normal m4 mag (i dont have any normal mags to compare). Or is there anything anyone can suggest to potentially rescue these pouches and make them usable again?.

• Supporters

could be their bigger, polymer style mags tend to be a bit bulkier than those modeled after the aluminium mags (reference- try sticking a pmag into an f2000)

although i wouldn't have thought it would have been enough to stop them from fitting a pouch.

If they’re the polymer ICS mags that I once had for mine they are far larger than a standard stanag mag. 

I’m not sure if the dimensions of standard n4 mags otherwise I would check. 

If that’s the case I’m guessing it’s a case of 7.62 mags or another option. 

I just checked and a standard stanag mag is 15x7x2.5cm according to the web. 

The ics mags are 15x6.5x2.5. So realistically are pretty much identical in size. 

So so that rules out them being bulkier. Hmmm. 

• Supporters

Nylon doesn't just shrink if you leave it in a bag. Steaming them would probably make it worse though.

I assume you're talking about the old shingle type pouches with elastic loops over the top? Chances are that they're designed for STANAG type mags, not the PMAG style ones you're using. The T-mags are pretty fat at the bottom, have you tried inserting them upside down?

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, ghostwalker said:

I just checked and a standard stanag mag is 15x7x2.5cm according to the web. 

The ics mags are 15x6.5x2.5. So realistically are pretty much identical in size. 

So so that rules out them being bulkier. Hmmm. 

STANAG 4179 was never actually ratified so any dimensions you find are potentially wrong.

I normally insert my mags into pouches upside down to prevent grit and crap getting into them. Old habits die hard apparently.

Yeah the pouches are the single pouches with the elastic over the top. Though i am sure i used the same ones last year with the stock high cap the came with a krytac. But that was more of the stanag style rather than p/t-mag style.

Guess i will Just have to write them off as a loss as all my mags are the ics t-mags. We live and learn.

• Supporters

Gutted. What colour is your rig? I have some tan WAS M4 pouches that will work for you...

It’s tan mate. Though looks almost green if you know what I mean lol. 

18FFB1FC-2E51-414D-A6B5-835CB92368C3.jpeg

As you can see the mags are in thenoiches. But you won’t be reloading in a hurry or without help lol. 

• Supporters

OK, I have two brand new DNSR pouches in tan for sale 

But I also have a couple of the 90 round pouches and the old flap front double M4 pouches (this style but with poppers on the MOLLE https://www.uktactical.com/p-4489-warrior-double-m4-556mm-coyote-tan.aspx ). They're used so they'll be pretty cheap. All WAS.

PM me if you're interested.

Will have to see what happens tomorrow as supposed to be buying my ics ble xae pistol. But if i have some pennies left i will give you a shout. Well unless your looking for any xbox one games that is.

• Supporters

FYI, you can take the flap off the pouches and they hold the mags in pretty well!

• Supporters
Just now, ghostwalker said:

Will have to see what happens tomorrow as supposed to be buying my ics ble xae pistol. But if i have some pennies left i will give you a shout. Well unless your looking for any xbox one games that is.

No worries.

Playstation all the way for me though I'm afraid! :D

I know my Pmags are much bigger than my metal mags.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Moderators

I have ICS T-mags, low and mid caps . Have the 901, DCS and CPC by Warrior, although the CPC pouches are tighter than the other open pouches ive not really had any issues with getting mags in and out.

Same with my brother who uses the ICS high caps that come with the AEGs and the pouches i got from Proffink a while back

Try and gets some pics although not sure what help they will give :unsure:

I had a similar issue with my Warrior mags and PTS EPM Mags for the NGRS.

Photo below is NGRS standard metal vs PTS EPM Mag, the EPM-Mags are a little wider and about the same size length wise.

Had a sod of a job getting them to fit in the first few times, left the EPM-Mags in the pouches in a warm room for a few days to let the pouches "stretch".

It might be the coating on the inside of the pouches. It is a little "sticky", plastic on plastic with the EPM mags, vs plastic on smooth paint. 

The pouches seem to have loosened off with use, probably due to the coating in the inside getting dirty and not so sticky.

HTH

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

Archived